Piper and Cait bug

burningfury

I am having bugs with two of my companions, these bugs came up after I completed the main quest line for the BoS

Piper:

It seems as though I am controlling her, she moves the same exact way my character moves in 3rd person, and will not follow commands nor move on her own. FIXED!

Cait:

After dismissing her, I could not recruit her again, I would enter the dialouge to recruit her and she'd say her recruitment line but wouldn't actually start following me.

The only mods I have that deal with companions are Infinite Followers Framework, Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Armor for Companions, and a script that allows Paladin Danse to walk by a BoS soldier and not get shot. If anyone would like to see the full mod order, let me know.

Edited by burningfury

IFF (EFF) is a little buggy. After installing it, my companions will fall to the ground after fast travel, needing a stimpak. But, if you give them a stimpak, they will randomly go nuts on the group and fight. I just don't give them stimpaks now, because they will recover on their own.

Have you tried disabling them and enabling them? Resurrecting them (even though their not dead)? I would say try recycling them, but that might reset their quest, I'm not sure.

It could be completely random bug too. You could try going back to a save before completing the BoS quest line, then complete it again to see if they bug out again.

IFF (EFF) is a little buggy. After installing it, my companions will fall to the ground after fast travel, needing a stimpak. But, if you give them a stimpak, they will randomly go nuts on the group and fight. I just don't give them stimpaks now, because they will recover on their own.

Have you tried disabling them and enabling them? Resurrecting them (even though their not dead)? I would say try recycling them, but that might reset their quest, I'm not sure.

It could be completely random bug too. You could try going back to a save before completing the BoS quest line, then complete it again to see if they bug out again.

I have tried disabling them, but it makes my game crash when I try to load any save, I have had them around when I started playing. Managed to fix Piper, it looks like I accidently used the ToggleControl (tc) command on her while working on a settlement, tried Resurrecting, Recycling, and Reseting Cait, but nothing has worked so far

Edit: I thought you meant disabling my mods lol, but I've just tried disabling/reenabling Cait, and it didnt work

Edited by burningfury