Questions on Voice over work

nodmac

Hello everyone this is my first time posting to the forms and i just had a few questions.

1. I wanted know the ins and outs of how modders find VAs and vise versa.

2. If anyone has any experience with working as a VA on any mods, what should i expect in the way of an audition process.

3. If anyone had any general tips for doing VO for mods.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Thanks in advance! :laugh:

1. I wanted know the ins and outs of how modders find VAs and vise versa.

Well, usually the voice actor will post his/her profile on the forums for people to see.

Then people making mods will send them a private message with some test lines.

Then the voice actor will do the test lines and send them back to the mod creator. The mod creator being pleased with the quality of the lines will then send the voice actor the rest of the lines.

The mod creator will wait several weeks... then several months, waiting for the voice actor to finally reply with the lines.

Finally, the mod creator will give up on waiting months for the voice actor to finish 10 lines of dialogue, and they will go through the whole process again with a different voice actor.

After doing this with about 5 different voice actors that just disappear on him/her, the mod creator will finally find one that works and the lines will get completed and the mod will get published, 3 months behind schedule.

Or worse, you spend hours and hours recording hundreds of lines for a massive quest/faction mod only to have it fizzle into nothingness and/or the mod author disappears. :confused:

Well, you should have known when the mod author said, 'I have never made any mods before, but I have this really good idea for a DLC size mod with 30+ hours of content and a whole new world space, so I'm going to need help from *long list of jobs* to finish this' that is wasn't ever getting done...

People with big ideas and vague backstories that aren't even written into actual quests and dialogue are a dime a dozen around here. The easiest rule to go by is, if they can't do it themselves then they probably aren't the person you want to work with.