Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta and an Important Notice to Survival Testers

SirSalami

In response to post #37061470. #37061965, #37062160, #37062200 are all replies on the same post.

omega2008 wrote: The plugin.txt is back to appdata location, no longer in game's folder. Time for NMM 0.61.20 update since it doesn't actually enable mods now.
SirSalami wrote: After double and triple checking, I can assure you that if you have the LATEST Fallout 4 beta patch (April 26), the game now utilizes the plugins.txt file that's in the install directory. The latest version of NMM indeed modifies this file successfully enabling the mods as intended.

Perhaps you have either not updated the Fallout 4 Beta or have not updated NMM? If either of these are old, you will have issues.
Underprivlidged wrote: @SirSalami,
Does that mean if I update to the latest beta that I will be able to use my currently installed (non-CK) mods without having to use a wonky work around?
I had to reinstall the entire game, DLC, and patches (besides the beta) to enable my mods after the last BS, so not trying to deal with no mods (meaning I won't play until a fix) again.
omega2008 wrote: But that's the thing, the game updated again around 1 hour ago with this:

Fallout 4 1.5 Steam Update (1.5.157)
- Fixed issue with plugins.txt file being written to wrong directory

Edit: The reply I replied to vanished while writing this. Oh well.

Same with my reply too. But the beta 1.5.157 has been out for at least a week now, maybe longer.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the high volume of people trying to download the creation kit is causing problems with downloading the launcher and running it. I've got the launcher installed but when I open it, it just stays on the "Bethesda" logo screen.

In response to post #37061470. #37061965, #37062160, #37062200, #37062315, #37062435, #37062560 are all replies on the same post.

omega2008 wrote: The plugin.txt is back to appdata location, no longer in game's folder. Time for NMM 0.61.20 update since it doesn't actually enable mods now.
SirSalami wrote: After double and triple checking, I can assure you that if you have the LATEST Fallout 4 beta patch (April 26), the game now utilizes the plugins.txt file that's in the install directory. The latest version of NMM indeed modifies this file successfully enabling the mods as intended.

Perhaps you have either not updated the Fallout 4 Beta or have not updated NMM? If either of these are old, you will have issues.
Does that mean if I update to the latest beta that I will be able to use my currently installed (non-CK) mods without having to use a wonky work around?
I had to reinstall the entire game, DLC, and patches (besides the beta) to enable my mods after the last BS, so not trying to deal with no mods (meaning I won't play until a fix) again.
omega2008 wrote: But that's the thing, the game updated again around 1 hour ago with this:

Underprivlidged wrote: Same with my reply too. But the beta 1.5.157 has been out for at least a week now, maybe longer.
omega2008 wrote: @Underprivlidged:
Nope, 1.5.151 was out for a week. 1.5.154 appeared earlier and now 1.5.157 appeared like 1 hour ago.
Underprivlidged wrote: Oh, know what, I was looking at 1.5.147. My bad lol.

Edit: Nevermind it seems that NMM still is creating the plugins.txt in appdata, but there is also a plugins.txt in the installdir (there is also a plugins.nmm.bak in appdata, but not in the installdir). The plugins.txt in the appdata however is entirely empty (doesn't even have the # comment section), where as the one in the installdir does. Edited by hobblygobbly

In response to post #37061470. #37061965, #37062160, #37062200, #37062315, #37062390, #37062560 are all replies on the same post.

Underprivlidged wrote: Same with my reply too. But the beta 1.5.157 has been out for at least a week now, maybe longer.
hobblygobbly wrote: Edit: Nevermind it seems that NMM still is creating the plugins.txt in appdata, but there is also a plugins.txt in the installdir (there is also a plugins.nmm.bak in appdata, but not in the installdir). The plugins.txt in the appdata however is entirely empty (doesn't even have the # comment section), where as the one in the installdir does.
Underprivlidged wrote: Oh, know what, I was looking at 1.5.147. My bad lol.

@Underprivlidged:
Nope, 1.5.151 was out for a week. 1.5.154 appeared earlier and now 1.5.157 appeared like 1 hour ago.

Edit: I should note that I deleted both plugins.txt from appdata and from gamefolder. Game has made a new plugins.txt file only in appdata folder which led me to the conclusion I said in my initial comment. Edited by omega2008

In response to post #37061470. #37061965, #37062160, #37062200, #37062315, #37062390, #37062435 are all replies on the same post.

hobblygobbly wrote: I can confirm what SirSalami says, it's working as intended on my end. The text file is empty though besides the comment saying not to edit it, but I guess that's because I have yet to add mods, and now DLC/core files are no longer added in the plugins.txt.

In the appdata folder, I still have the DLCList.txt file, but no plugins.txt there.

Edit: For some reason now I have a plugins.txt in appdata folder but its entirely empty, not even the usual comment of warning not to edit it but I do still have what seems to be the correct one in the installdir
omega2008 wrote: @Underprivlidged:

Oh, know what, I was looking at 1.5.147. My bad lol.

In response to post #37060890. #37061240, #37061310, #37061330, #37061370, #37062250 are all replies on the same post.

SirSalami wrote: http://s32.postimg.org/7isbcw9s5/creation_kit_logo.gif

Mod authors, and those soon to be... the wait is finally over. The Fallout 4 Creation Kit has been released in open beta! This means that everyone can finally get their hands on the software used to create the game. These tools will allow us much greater power and flexibility with which, we can expand the Fallout 4 universe.

There’s mention of mods being available for console players soon as well. I’d say more, but I’m just as excited to get into the mix as you are, so here’s the info:
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

For those of you that have been participating the Fallout 4 Survival beta (not to be confused with the Creation Kit beta), you will need to once again update your Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.19) as the game’s method of managing plugins has changed again behind the scenes. After updating and ensuring your plugins are enabled in the interface, you should be good to go.

If you aren’t using NMM and enabling mods manually, please note that the usage of the plugins.txt file has changed. It’s now located in the game’s install directory (rather than %appdata%). It no longer contains references to core files / dlc plugins. You will also need to add an asterisk (*) before the entry for each modded plugin. For instance, a properly enabled plugins.txt file will now look something like this:

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
*LongerDeathReloadTime.esp
*DarkerNights.esp
*DarkerNightsDetection.esp
*Campsite.esp
*CMPA +150.esp
*SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

We’ll be updating the wiki to reflect these changes, accordingly.

It’s important to note that while the Creation Kit supports uploading your work directly to Bethesda.net, which seems to be very heavily geared toward end users and console enabled mods, authors will be in no way restricted from distributing their work elsewhere in the same manner they always have. Your creations will always have a home, here.

So, this is what we’ve all be waiting for folks. Go get the kit and get your hands dirty! Though I have a few ideas of my own, I absolutely cannot wait to see the creations you come up with. It’s like a great vault has been opened, or something. ;)

Good luck, and happy modding!
jet4571 wrote: I would be using it now but the stupid Bethesda.Net launcher refuses to login. Bethesda is very quickly losing all respect I had for the company.
Internetservice wrote: jesus, calm down
Madpleasure wrote: I thought it was just me.. I saw this announcement earlier somewhere else and still haven't been able to log in, lol.
Samurok wrote: it is expected as everyone try to log in to grab the CK ... just be patient ^^
Underprivlidged wrote: I had to try logging in about 5 times and it went through. I actually went to reset my password, it told me I can't use my old password, so tried it again twice and it logged in. Might work for ya, maybe not. I can't get anything to load in the CK, and am not ready to just start fresh (a bit rusty from my NV tinkering), so logging in might not even matter to you.

Too many people are trying to download the thing (which I'm surprised you did not see coming) and getting a high-class server for one day per two year when it could get overcrowded is a horrible economical decision.
So if it doesn't work, try later. The CK won't run anywhere and chances are that some bug will be hotfixed by then.

Am I the only one whose mods aren't loading when trying to load a save?

I updated NMM.

I activated / downloaded the beta through steam.

I opened NMM.

I loaded my previous load-order.

I enabled all the plugins.

Now when I try to load a gamesave it gives that message about missing plugins and stuff. Wtf?

In response to post #37060890. #37061240, #37061310, #37061330, #37061370, #37062250, #37063400 are all replies on the same post.

SirSalami wrote: http://s32.postimg.org/7isbcw9s5/creation_kit_logo.gif

Mod authors, and those soon to be... the wait is finally over. The Fallout 4 Creation Kit has been released in open beta! This means that everyone can finally get their hands on the software used to create the game. These tools will allow us much greater power and flexibility with which, we can expand the Fallout 4 universe.

There’s mention of mods being available for console players soon as well. I’d say more, but I’m just as excited to get into the mix as you are, so here’s the info:
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

For those of you that have been participating the Fallout 4 Survival beta (not to be confused with the Creation Kit beta), you will need to once again update your Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.19) as the game’s method of managing plugins has changed again behind the scenes. After updating and ensuring your plugins are enabled in the interface, you should be good to go.

If you aren’t using NMM and enabling mods manually, please note that the usage of the plugins.txt file has changed. It’s now located in the game’s install directory (rather than %appdata%). It no longer contains references to core files / dlc plugins. You also no longer need to add an asterisks (*) before the entry for each modded plugin. For instance, a properly enabled plugins.txt file will now look something like this:

# This file is used by Fallout4 to keep track of your downloaded content.
# Please do not modify this file.
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
LongerDeathReloadTime.esp
DarkerNights.esp
DarkerNightsDetection.esp
Campsite.esp
CMPA +150.esp
SOS_SleepOrSave.esp

We’ll be updating the wiki to reflect these changes, accordingly.

It’s important to note that while the Creation Kit supports uploading your work directly to Bethesda.net, which seems to be very heavily geared toward end users and console enabled mods, authors will be in no way restricted from distributing their work elsewhere in the same manner they always have. Your creations will always have a home, here.

So, this is what we’ve all be waiting for folks. Go get the kit and get your hands dirty! Though I have a few ideas of my own, I absolutely cannot wait to see the creations you come up with. It’s like a great vault has been opened, or something. ;)

Good luck, and happy modding!
jet4571 wrote: I would be using it now but the stupid Bethesda.Net launcher refuses to login. Bethesda is very quickly losing all respect I had for the company.
Internetservice wrote: jesus, calm down
Madpleasure wrote: I thought it was just me.. I saw this announcement earlier somewhere else and still haven't been able to log in, lol.
Samurok wrote: it is expected as everyone try to log in to grab the CK ... just be patient ^^
Underprivlidged wrote: I had to try logging in about 5 times and it went through. I actually went to reset my password, it told me I can't use my old password, so tried it again twice and it logged in. Might work for ya, maybe not. I can't get anything to load in the CK, and am not ready to just start fresh (a bit rusty from my NV tinkering), so logging in might not even matter to you.
Akul wrote: Too many people are trying to download the thing (which I'm surprised you did not see coming) and getting a high-class server for one day per two year when it could get overcrowded is a horrible economical decision.
So if it doesn't work, try later. The CK won't run anywhere and chances are that some bug will be hotfixed by then.

jet,

I like your mods; but you can certainly see this is a matter of overloaded servers?

I for one will wait until the heat dies down. Then I'll download it.