Request:Could someone mod Tali's photo in ME3 for me

DrCrowTGamer15

First off I have been trying to do this myself but since I can afford a copy of Photoshop right now and Gimp doesn't seem to be working I can't seem to figure out how to change the photo.

Second I know there are a couple of mods that already do this but none of them use my favorite version of Tali's face and i would really like that to be the version I see in the photo in my game.

I know there must be a lot of requests from people who don't know much about modding for stuff like this but if anyone could help I would be very grateful.

I would just like to say you all do great work and have added a lot of replay value to my favorite gaming series of all time, thank you for your time. I will try to upload the file I want used but my internet coonection may time out so it may be a day or two before I can do that. If you can do this just reply to this thread and let me know.

Again thank you for your time.

Okay, well I wanted to swap out the photo in ME3 with the one above but all the instructions I have found assume the user has photoshop and not GIMP and I can't afford a copy of photoshop right now so I was hoping that someone with a copy of photoshop would be willing to do the work for me of replacing the photo and releasing it as a mod, it has been done before, just not with a version of Tali I felt looked alien enough.

I didn't know about the money thing. I will remove the offer from my post. I figured since there is a donate button on every mod there was nothing wrong with it, thanks for the heads up.

Sorry if my post was a little confusing, hope this clears things up.

• 1 month later...

To clarify: a voluntary donation is considered a different kind of transaction legally than a direct offer of money for a mod, which would count as "buying" a mod as a "product," the kind of thing that would make companies crack down on mod development in general. Hence, it's not allowed by any modding community site with a measure of good sense. Fan projects are a legal gray area and often rely on developers and publishers voluntarily opting to relax their view of what's necessary to protect their IP, so in turn, a modding community needs to be mindful of what might be seen as harmful by the company.

If I might ask (and I know I'm late to the party but Tali's picture is a source of annoyance for me) what exactly needs to be done in Photoshop to make this viable for a mod?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh i had not thought of that, I will try and get in touch with the person and get permission. Thanks a bunch!

By the way I am sorry I didn't reply sooner but for a while I have been deal with a virus on my computer and I only just got in under control, I have not dared to go online while dealing with this thing and it messed up a bunch of stuff on my PC so this is the first chance I have had to reply to this thread.

Thanks again, if I can get permission that was a huge help, even if I can't it was very nice of you to make this for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Good News!

I got a PM and as long as we give the husband and wife team who made this photo credit and send them a link to the mod they are fine with us using the photo as a mod, so we are good to go.

I had a bit of fun figuring out how to replace the default photo with this one using texmod on my own, I don't know how to make that a .mod file though and I am switching bank accounts so it will be a month or two before I can start paying for membership again so i can't upload at the moment.

Still this is good news and I can tell you it looks great in game.