Playing Oblivion(PC) with PS3 controller - xpadder

Alright, after a few hours of surfing google and youtube, I'm almost done with the controller configuration on Xpadder.

I just need help with the left and right sticks. As L3 and R3 buttons are recognized, the sticks are not. To move, I have to use the d-pad,

but, even then, I can't turn or look around, just face forward.

So, if anyone has experience with xpadder or has had this problem(not anymore), I'd appreciate your help.

Hey welcome back to the forums, i haven't been playing gt5 lately to busy installing everything again on my comp lol.

Witch games are you trying to play, i know the 360 controller maps them out automatically with most games, but not all games support controller like the Kotor series for instants. i recommend the 360 controller myself. Oblivion by default uses the 360 controller :thumbsup:

Helpfull youtube links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j-KS-S9ADo

360 controller setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UvG1kq1arc

Edited by Thor.

Thanks for your reply. Right now, I am setting this up for Oblivion; but hopefully soon, I'll get GTAIV - some of the mods I've recently seen look spectacular.

But, unfortunately, these videos, I've already seen, and don't offer much help in regards to my problem. xpadder won't recognize either of my sticks.

I can't really play on my laptop with just the mouse and keyboard, all the hours, they kill my wrists.

Really I dont think Oblivion was intended to support a controller at all. For PC of course. I love using keyboard and mouse due to the preciseness that they have over a controller. But, I do play Fallout 3 with a controller when I want to just sit back and relax, but that is because there is full support for a controller in Fallout. I tried it on Oblivion a while back, but nothing ever worked out for me.

Check out the ini settings, that'll prove you wrong, remember oblivion was a port from the 360http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/verymad.gifhttp://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/whistling.gif anger directed at Bethesda. Edited by Thor.

• 2 weeks later...

im away from my computer that has oblivion on it, but i use the controller on it.

If you go to the readme file, which i believe you can access on a non-obse startup, a little ways down it tells you what two or three numbers you must change under the joystick section of the ini file to use a controller.

if i remember right, the readme explained exactly what axis i needed to change and the exact numbers in the ini file. once i found it in the read me, it was very easy.

Edited by PowderdToastMan

• 3 months later...

Okay, I'm not very clever with computers or anything but my Xbox 360 controller has both toggles working 100% with Oblivion for PC. (Moving with Left Toggle & Looking Around with right toggle)

Here is what I do.

I go to My Documents\My Games\Oblivion

Then there is a file called Oblivion (it's an .ini file)

I open it with notepad or whatever and scroll down just shy of halfway

there is a part that reads like this

;X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 3, XRot = 4, YRot = 5, ZRot = 6

iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2

iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1

fJoystickMoveFBMult=1.0000

fJoystickMoveLRMult=1.0000

iJoystickLookUpDown=6

iJoystickLookLeftRight=3

fJoystickLookUDMult=0.0020

fJoystickLookLRMult=0.0020

I just cut that whole thing out and paste back in this....

iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2

iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1

fJoystickMoveFBMult=2.0000

fJoystickMoveLRMult=2.0000

iJoystickLookUpDown=5

iJoystickLookLeftRight=4

fJoystickLookUDMult=0.7500

fJoystickLookLRMult=0.7500

It works. I know nothing about mods or xpadder or anything along those lines. But I know this works.

Okay, I'm not very clever with computers or anything but my Xbox 360 controller has both toggles working 100% with Oblivion for PC. (Moving with Left Toggle & Looking Around with right toggle)

Here is what I do.

I go to My Documents\My Games\Oblivion

Then there is a file called Oblivion (it's an .ini file)

I open it with notepad or whatever and scroll down just shy of halfway

there is a part that reads like this

iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2

iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1

fJoystickMoveFBMult=1.0000

fJoystickMoveLRMult=1.0000

iJoystickLookUpDown=6

iJoystickLookLeftRight=3

fJoystickLookUDMult=0.0020

fJoystickLookLRMult=0.0020

I just cut that whole thing out and paste back in this....

iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2

iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1

fJoystickMoveFBMult=2.0000

fJoystickMoveLRMult=2.0000

iJoystickLookUpDown=5

iJoystickLookLeftRight=4

fJoystickLookUDMult=0.7500

fJoystickLookLRMult=0.7500

It works. I know nothing about mods or xpadder or anything along those lines. But I know this works.

BTW do this before you boot the game and make sure you save it ^_^

Edited by Nords1980