Track down mod that causes CTD, 1.5 Crash

AgentNgo

Any mod I use causes the CTD on load, thankfuly I am still able to play albeit on vanilla.

I had DEF_UI but disabling it alone whilst keeping other ods enabled still resulted in CTD. So I guess the cause of my problem lies elsewhere.

I wish there was a crashlog dump somewhere that could be used to help pinpoint the cause(s).

I'm getting nowhere. CTD every time, even with all mods disabled, even with my oldest save which had no mods at the time at all. Created Bethesda account, see the mods on the menu, enabled, disabled, blah blah, CTD every time. Frustrating.

Edit: Seems deleting the three .ini files from \Documents\My Games\Fallout4 and allowing them to be recreated solved the CTD. How to solve the Mystery of the Missing Junk Walls...

Edited by AlacrityFitzhugh

I'm getting nowhere. CTD every time, even with all mods disabled, even with my oldest save which had no mods at the time at all. Created Bethesda account, see the mods on the menu, enabled, disabled, blah blah, CTD every time. Frustrating.

Edit: Seems deleting the three .ini files from \Documents\My Games\Fallout4 and allowing them to be recreated solved the CTD. How to solve the Mystery of the Missing Junk Walls...

I found I had to uninstall all my UI mods, not just disable them

I'm having a similar issue but it doesn't matter if I disable all mods or not, it still happens on a new game. I'm going to have to wait a bit and hope all the mods get updates and it gets fixed, else I'll have to completely uninstall everything and reinstall the game and I really don't want to have to do that. There's no way I'd remember all the addons I currently use so I can reinstall them after they update so I'll just lose all in progress games if I reinstall the game.

FIX !!!

Unfortunatelythe fix is a pain in the a...

1) Reinstall F4

2) Reinstal FNMM (Mod menager)

3) Reinstall Mods

4) un/-and check mods in mods section in f4 menu

CTD's while loading screen stoped, mods work (only after every-time checking them in the mods section...every god-dammmm time...)

Was having similar problems as y'all - game telling me activated things weren't activated, and CTD during the loading screen.

What fixed it was installing the 1.5 patch for DEF_UI, in conjunction with going into the game's new Mods panel and "activating" all of my already activated mods. The deactivated mods, conveniently, didn't show up on the game's list, so I just had to check everything.

After that it worked. Hope that helps someone.