ARES Androids Development Thread

DizzasterJuice

http://i.imgur.com/kO5QZ67.jpg

History

A.R.E.S. Androids were created by Advanced Robotic Entertainment Systems, a division of RobCo, as the ideal partner that didn't spread the "New Plague" that was prevalent at the time. It wasn't until later when the Chinese invaded Alaska they they discovered that the androids were the ideal front line fighter because they were immune to biological warfare.

The pre-war Gen I's were non-sentient entertainment androids.

The pre-war Gen II's were marketed as self aware, intelligent life partners, but later re-programmed as combat models. (Andrea)

The pre-war Gen III's were artificially intelligent combat androids that were built after the plague had subsided. Some of these were male in appearance and voice. These models were all intentionally designed to wear out within a few years because their creators were afraid their powerful combat abilities could be turned against themselves.

The pre-war Gen IV's were Gen I's that were upgraded to sentient models as partners for rich corporate execs. Gen IV-a (Geniva) was the first and assigned to Robert House.

Mod Details

Companions - This mod will have two available companions, Andrea and Geniva (Gen IV-a), after completing their quest line. Everything will be completely voiced including the player dialogue. The ending of the main quest has three completely different endings depending on the choices you make.

Playable Race - It will also have an ARES Android playable race. I will release the female version first and once I get all the bugs worked out of it I will start developing a male version.

Instead of an alternate beginning for the race, you have to die, then be rebuilt as an android or as a human again depending on the player's choice. To play a new race will probably involve a new start since changing races will wonk out your existing skills. There will be lots of hair and skin options to choose from.

Side Missions - There will be several side missions and repeatable missions as well.

New Gear - Lots of new stuff to tour The Commonwealth, including backpacks that add carry weight, armor for both humans and androids, and some other useful stuff like books and magazines.

Additional Images

The purpose of this thread is mainly for updates on development, answer questions, get useful feedback, and to kindly ask for help when I need it.

Right now I'm working on completing the body and get it in game so I can distribute it to those who wish to start adapting armor or making new armor. So there's my first request -- I need someone who is experienced with the BodySlide and Outfit Studio who would like to help out.

Edited by DizzasterJuice

I can take a stab at it, but I'm not sure I would say I'm experienced with it. I've done it for a few armors, but they were far from perfect. And I won't really be able to do anything for a week or two.

You might get a better response if you post in the Fallout 4 "Mod Author" forum.

Thanks. I know how to do it myself, I was just looking for some more experienced help. I've already converted several models but there's about 28 more to go in addition to all the texture and baking I have left to finish. It will just take a lot longer doing it by myself.

So why is there a ton of threads asking about Daughters of Ares for Fallout 4 and when I post something about it I always get zero response?

Hey, in my case I don't check the forums much, and only bothered just for this. :laugh:

I am glad to see it being worked on though, I honestly can't wait for it to be done, since that was my favriote mod for NV by far.

Will the silver/white skintone still be an option though? I kind of liked it much more then the flesh tone, sorry.

Edited by Imca

So why is there a ton of threads asking about Daughters of Ares for Fallout 4 and when I post something about it I always get zero response?

Hey, in my case I don't check the forums much, and only bothered just for this. :laugh:

I am glad to see it being worked on though, I honestly can't wait for it to be done, since that was my favriote mod for NV by far.

Will the silver/white skintone still be an option though? I kind of liked it much more then the flesh tone, sorry.

Eh, just ignore my grumpiness. I was in a bad mood at the time because I can't get the CK to work without crashing.

Yes, the player will have several skin color, tattoo, and glow effects options. The spine in these pics is chrome but it will also light up.