Invisible Models & Textures

SOSOASPM

Wait, so the invisible textures can be fixed by manually installing them? It's not a mod issue, but a problem with NMM?

EDIT: Yep, I checked the Fallout 4/Data folder, and sure enough, the textures folder has all the subfolders, but no files. Apparently meshes didn't install, either. So I'm manually installing these and seeing if it works.

Yea, at least for me. Either manual install or reinstall NMM and Fallout 4 into the same drive. I am not sure which worked but those were the only two things I tried that gave any results. The big hint is if you use a lot of texture mods and if you are never asked to overwrite anything then its not doing something right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I too encountered the same problem with textures being invisible. I am just posting to say that if someone is playing Fallout 4 through steam, like I do, than I may have a solution (it worked for me).

In addition to editing the Fallout4Custom.ini file within:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4

I also had to edit a 2nd Fallout4Custom.ini file within:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

*note the <user> is actually your Windows log in name

And for anyone who doesn't already know the required edits for both these files are (should be able to copy paste what I have below):

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Be very wary of typos on both files including extra spaces.

bonjour moi j ai un probleme avec les ligne de commande les texture aparesse mais elle sont invisible pour le craf

hello me I have a problem with the command line the aparesse texture but are invisible to the craft

Edited by kenan2508

• 3 weeks later...

I too encountered the same problem with textures being invisible. I am just posting to say that if someone is playing Fallout 4 through steam, like I do, than I may have a solution (it worked for me).

And for anyone who doesn't already know the required edits for both these files are (should be able to copy paste what I have below):

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

You just ended my headache!!! Thank you so very much. The second hidden Fallout4Custom.ini file within:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 was my issue.

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

You just ended my headache!!! Thank you so very much. The second hidden Fallout4Custom.ini file within:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 was my issue.

Hi, I dont have a Fallout4Custom.ini inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4, only on C:\Users\Pedro\Documents\My Games\Fallout4. Can I copy paste from one folder into another?

Hi, I dont have a Fallout4Custom.ini inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4, only on C:\Users\Pedro\Documents\My Games\Fallout4. Can I copy paste from one folder into another?

It is supposed to be in the C:\Users\Pedro\Documents\My Games\Fallout4 folder. Have you run the Fallout 4 Launcher? Have you made a Bethesda.net account and logged into Bethesda.net in game? Not sure if it will fix your INI issue or your textures issue but it has been a requirement for several versions.

I have the same problem described here. I recently spawned in HK45 through console, equipped it and fired off an entire clip. Only problem is the gun is invisible.

I have Windows 10. I loaded the game on D drive. I have Fallout4Custom.ini in This PC>Documents>my games>fallout4.

I do not have a Fallout4Custom.ini file in This PC>OS {C:}>Program Files <x86> >Steam>SteamApps {only folder at this point is sourcemods.

I cannot find a second Fallout4Custom.ini

Anybody savvy with Windows 10 that can help?

I just copied the Fallout4Custom.ini and pasted in the D: steam library/fallout 4 folder and got no change.

Edited by rockmedic109