Invisible Models & Textures

SOSOASPM

Well, I got my game back and it's annoyingly simple HOW.

As many have noted, patching (or removing) the mod DEF_UI, I think it's called, fixed the problem of crashing with the bInvalidateOlderFiles flag in the Fallout4Custom.ini file. With the following change to the Fallout4Custom.ini:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

All my meshes and textures appear like they should. The reason I removed those lines was because "they" were causing me to crash. But it wasn't them, it was ~something~ in my INTERFACE folder. I still do not know what orphaned files caused the crash, but when I deleted the INTERFACE folder entirely, and restored the Fallout4Custom.ini file back to what it was pre-1.5 patch..... everything worked.

I tried deleting the INTERFACE folder before, but I was still crashing, but that could have been caused by anything. So this may not be a cure-all, but if you have ~any~ INTERFACE folder with files in it, remove any mods you think may have put stuff there (like a scope mod or the full dialog mod) and delete the folder. You can later install mods that alter the UI (if they are properly patched to 1.5, apparently) but clearing out the "orphaned" files that cause you to be unable to use the InvalidateOlderFiles change to the INI might fix your problems.

Sorry if this is rambling and long-winded --- this is my seventh hour tinkering with the game just to get things to work like they worked pre-patch. :tongue:

i had the same problem with nexus install in game i did't have any meshes turn out that the nexus mod manager doesn't instal meshes and textures, i had to drag and drop every textures and meshes manually and then i worked like anc charme. .. dd productions and aremorsmith etc, but i stil have problem with def ui and validi item sorting... and mi interface folder is completly emty after installing with nexus so i have to do it man,ualy but for this one i have no clue what to put inside because i use the fomod and there is a lot of options

please create video

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm encountering this issue even when manually downloading? I can even see the textures and meshes in their folders, it's just not working

This is the exact problem I'm having. The textures and meshes and .ini's and everything are all correct, but still I put on the clothing I'm trying to add, ONE CLOTHING ITEM BY THE WAY, and I turn into a floating head and hands. I am 100% certain absolutely everything is correct, it's just not working.

I'm encountering this issue even when manually downloading? I can even see the textures and meshes in their folders, it's just not working

This is the exact problem I'm having. The textures and meshes and .ini's and everything are all correct, but still I put on the clothing I'm trying to add, ONE CLOTHING ITEM BY THE WAY, and I turn into a floating head and hands. I am 100% certain absolutely everything is correct, it's just not working.

1. Are you absolutely sure the textures are ok? They have mipmaps, for one & did you run them through Elric? (its an optimization tool you can find inside your fallout4\Tools dir. (if you have the CK))

2. You didn't mention materials (bgsm files). Without those your textures are just using disk space... So, do you have those installed correctly too?