Rebuilding the wasteland (Institute good guys massive mod)

cballam

F**** Bethesda's crap ending choices. I am the god damn leader of the institute, so fall in line and quit giving me one choice. My minuteman army is loyal, the Railroad can be reasoned with, and I can conquer the BoS while taking over all of their weapons, munitions, and armor.

This mod is a massive undertaking and welcomes any who want to help. The changes start during institutionalized. The mod is split into 5 side quests that coincide with each main quest.

1. These things I do, so others may live
  • Justin Ayo's stupid dick measuring contest is replaced with drilling the sole survivor about involvement with the BoS (He knows how far you've gotten with them). 4 choices: How did you know about Me and the BoS? I'm keeping my options open (Justin Ayo lets it go reluctantly). I'm with the BoS (Justin says some serial code thing and a courser jumps you teleporting you out of the institute => Failing Institutionilized and any other quests required in the institute). I'm going to save the commonwealth (Justin is suspicious, but offers a fake holotape to give the BoS starting this quest)
  • Fake holotape given to Elder Maxson (Can give real one failing this quest)
  • Return to Justin Ayo or Alana Secord (Framing him does not fail quest)
  • Convince Dr. Li to sabotage Liberty Prime (The rest mainly follows BoS quests). Dr. Li needs to know Dr. Virgil is ok to agree. To do this, Dr. Virgil has to be cured, convinced to return, and Dr. Li convinced to accept the flaws of the institute
  • Liberty reprimed is normal except the last part. This is the key to conquering the BoS instead of exterminating them. 1st: it cannot be completed before meeting with the institute heads. At the meeting the weapon scientist suggests using Paladin Danse to disable the BoS main defenses. Paladin Danse is controlled to let the sole survivor to enter the prydwin after becoming enemies. Dr. Li is evacuated out stealthily. Sole survivor goes through mass fusion with the BoS, but at the end X6-88 EMPs Proctor Ingam. Final chance to choose sides (Must fight way out). If with institute, proctor ingram is kidnapped and the institute gets the beryllium agitator.
  • Blind betrayal never happens because of fake holotape
  • When time to take the BoS out (If followed correctly): Paladin danse disables the transporter interference and the sole survivor teleports onto the Prydwin. After there, X6-88 makes it through too, but several 1st generation synths are destroyed by a failsafe reinitiating the interference. Go through the Prydwin taking it over (Can get some BoS to surrender, definitely not Maxson, but some of the main NPCs). Jump out with power armor and fight at the airport (Pretty much vanilla), but it ends with Liberty Prime killing some surviving BoS and the rest surrendering.
  1. Triple Agent
  • Liam Binet approaches the sole survivor. He asks the sole survivor to clear his father's name. Then follows plugging a leak. Siding with Liam opens up Triple Agent
  • Liam wants to help the sole survivor railroad and makes it much smoother by hacking into the synth retention burea to hide the railroad activities and ceasing freeing synths.
  • After this, leaving the institute leads to a massive ambush of synths and coursers in an arena (Dr. Ayo hijacked the signal and is both looking for revenge and suspecting the sole survivor as a double agent). After defeating the synths; Dr. Ayo fights in X-2 (Want to use that mod, haven't asked for permission yet) armor and tesla cannon (Import from Fallout 3). Must loot > 1 control chip(s) from dead synths and Dr. Ayo's holotape
  • Return to Alana Secord with proof of Dr. Ayo's attack. She concludes that Dr. Ayo was freeing the synths to advance his station and the institute greatly backs off of the Railroad (P.A.M. concludes a huge increase in success chances due to unknown variables)
  • Battle of bunker hill starts with talking with Liam. He knows a scientist working on non-lethal weaponry and deactivation code for the courser going. Sole survivor acquires the weapons and sneaks them into service. Sole survivor tells Desdimona about the plan, she is very pleased. The synths are transfered out before the battle and the courser confronts the sole survivor (Similar to hunter/hunted can deactivate him). Correct completion makes the institute think like when you are underground undercover, but you actually could have saved everyone at bunker hill.
  • Convince Dr. Amari to stop wiping minds by showing her proof of Gabriel going batshit crazy
  • At precipice of war Liam is feeling confident enough to fight against the escape plan, and instead tries to convince the sole survivor to instead change the hearts of the institute so all current and future synths can be "free"
  • End of the line can now end in convincing the railroad into Liam's plan saving the entire railroad (Including Glory). I want a big confrontation with every railroad agent
  • After the end of the institute quests, the sole survivor can convince each of the institute heads during a meeting to give synths minor freedoms, moderate freedoms, or total freedom.
  1. A person is smart.
  • Clayton Holdren's speech is modified with his desire to unite and fix the commonwealth. Sole survivor is given the option to go to the castle to transmit a peace message. Completing the quest (but making you enemy to BoS, Railroad, and some of the minutemen if haven't been completed to join the institute)
  • New quest: People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals. Civil war begins, each settlement is attacked by mostly raiders, BoS, etc. This quest leads to an army of minutemen to assist with anything you need (Extreme flair gun and artillery upgrades)
  • (Optional) Control main settlements (Diamond city, Lexington, Goodneighbor, Covenant). I want a big speaking cutscene confrontation for each (Talk way out, or kill your way out)
  • (Optional) Can use the mechanist to send utility protectrons to create walls around each reclaimed settlement.
  • (Optional) Use the Wasteland workshop and synths to "Civilize" or enslave the raiders of the Commonwealth
  1. Plasma Please
  • The weapon enthusiast scientist (I don't remember her name) approaches the sole survivor. She asks for plasma and other high-tech weapons to create extreme unique weapons.
  • 1st: Plasma gun + shining gatling lazer (Owned by a BoS outcast from Fallout 3. It shoots stronger lazers) = Gatling plasma (Same speed, but shoots plasma balls).
  • 2nd: Gatling plasma + Energy flamethrower (Owned by forged raiding party to revenge killing the forged. It shoots a red fire with advanced damage) = Plasma vortex (Gatling laser with constant green fire)
  • 3rd: Plasma vortex + Little boy (Owned by power armor raiders named Boom Boom. Smaller fatman) = BFG 3000 (Powers up and shoots a big plasma ball that nukes when it hits. Blows up in your face if not fully charged or overcharged)
  • 4th: BFG 3000 + Alien blaster = 3 guns: Fire lance (100% inflamed. Red plasma ball), Circuit breaker (More damage to robots/power armor. Electric plasma ball), Freeze ray (100% freezing, but very slow fire rate. Frost plasma ball)
  • 5th: The three Alien blasters + sticky gauss rifle (Owned by a rogue scientist/Enclave group. Shoots a shotgun blast when not fully charged) = The god arm (Shoots insanely powerful tiny plasma ball that is completely silent and explodes on contact. Also, if not fully charged, shoots a plasma shotgun blast)
  1. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
  • Allie Filmore regrets not doing more cutting edged technology for the institute.
  • At the end of mass fusion, she recruits the sole survivor to help create an overpowered power armor (X-3). I want to design it after the advanced reaction suit (ARS) with flame boosters whenever jumping, sprinting, or changing directions sharply. I also want it to have a retractable ripper to replace gun bash and to perform like bare hand brawl. The suit will use a mini-beryllium agitator and does not need fusion cores.

Just as you have nothing to your name yet, and thus I have no chance to know you, a few tipps

1) Be prepared to have to do everything yourself

While it isn't impossible to cooperate, chances are actually big that other modders might simply be to busy to care for an additional mod.

2) (ties into 1) Don't depend on other modders

There is any number of reason why anybody might stop modding or shift focus to different projects. Cooperations usually either happen through friendship or mutual interests, but in the gaming world the interest can change quite quickly.

3) If you have no prior experience with modding start small.

Keep this project in mind for later and collect first experiences with smaller projects, or do it step by step, but if you keep it at this large scale, chances are big that you'll get frustrated by the lack of progress on the greater scale, problems rising up on all corners or a new update/dlc etc. invalidating parts of your project, so you'll have to restart. While modding is fun in general, it also can be very tedious and/or frustrating at times. Dividing the projects in small packages might help to get more frequent successes, motivating to continue on the more frustrating parts.

4) Don't overplan, or wait on external factors you can't control, but get started.

While having a general plan certainly is great, it can also be a hinderance when it comes to ideas popping up while developing the mod. Trying to plan on everything in advance is pretty much impossible. Trying to plan on external factors you can't control is pretty much impossible, so just go with it.

I also don't mean to discourage you, just to prepare you, so you don't get to disappointed when things don't go the way you imagine.

Thanks, and I know. I have done little mods in Skyrim, but I can't do anything without the creation kit. With the kit out I am going to start on "plasma please", but wanted to put it out there if any good modders were interested.

• 2 weeks later...
They don't realize it is slavery, but a few are starting to realize it (Liam/Allen binet), and they are afraid of the wastelanders. For good reason, one person can get the wastelanders to easily destroy them all.

Anything is better than a group that looks at the people on the surface as less than human. A group that thinks they can just go up there and kidnap your family, take what they want, leave the whole social structure in fear of you, and then go back underground and not care.

Anything is better than a group that takes those children and innocent people they kidnapped and experiments on them and turns them into super mutants.

Anything is better than a group that operates with no morals, no ethics, and no limitations. They simply decided themselves that they can play god, and they will kill you if you get in their way.

Anything is better than a group that would enslave their own children (the Synths) and even after seeing that they are in fact sentient enough to want freedom and try to escape, they just hunt them not caring how many people die in the process.

Anything is better than a group that would hire a ruthless man like Kellog and is totally ok with the fact the he shot an innocent man/woman in a cryo-pod for trying to hold onto his baby.

The Institute is the most morally bankrupt and evil group in any Fallout game hands down. The only ending fitting for them is absolute death.

Anything is better than a group that looks at the people on the surface as less than human. A group that thinks they can just go up there and kidnap your family, take what they want, leave the whole social structure in fear of you, and then go back underground and not care.

Anything is better than a group that takes those children and innocent people they kidnapped and experiments on them and turns them into super mutants.

Anything is better than a group that operates with no morals, no ethics, and no limitations. They simply decided themselves that they can play god, and they will kill you if you get in their way.

Anything is better than a group that would enslave their own children (the Synths) and even after seeing that they are in fact sentient enough to want freedom and try to escape, they just hunt them not caring how many people die in the process.

Anything is better than a group that would hire a ruthless man like Kellog and is totally ok with the fact the he shot an innocent man/woman in a cryo-pod for trying to hold onto his baby.

The Institute is the most morally bankrupt and evil group in any Fallout game hands down. The only ending fitting for them is absolute death.

Don't forget how your own son thinks of his father/mother's death as "collateral damage".

I must say I agree however the only play through I did was the Institute way. The next one I haven't decided yet.