The content blocker is great except...

kontankarite

Alright. So I'm wondering if this is possible. Basically, it seems that recently there has been a HUGE uptick in low effort follower mods in the Skyrim nexus. Granted, this would make sense since most modders have moved on to FO4 and such, but I digress.

One can block content based on tags such as companions and the like. However, this doesn't really help filter out the follower mods in their entirety. I noticed that if I blocked other attribute tags such as anime, cbbe based, ect, it CAN really reduce the visibility of low effort waifuu mods. But now, I'm going to miss out on armor mods and maybe even gameplay mods based on anime that I think is totally worth seeing.

So. Is there already a way to not just block attributes and tags, but to actually block full categories of mods? Instead of blocking "companions", can one actually block the whole Follower category?

And if not, do the powers that be feel like such a feature would be worth doing for the site? Because lately the follower mods have been so bad that I've considered wanting to block the whole category of followers because I just feel like there's no hope for that category for me anymore. And honestly, there's some mods out there that I actually like such as NPC mods and mods that actually add gameplay elements where companions MIGHT be included and those other things about such mods would still be worth seeing.

Thanks for the time and consideration.

Unfortunately, computers do exactly what you tell them to do, not what you want them to do. :rolleyes: If you block a mod for any reason, it cannot be unblocked for some other reason. Maybe we will be able to incorporate an else if condition at some time, but the program for tags just does not have that capability right now. Meaning if you block follower mods, and there just happens to be a follower mod that has an armor you would like, you will never see it as it is blocked because of the follower tag. As for blocking companions, Blame Beth for having a Companions faction in Skyrim. A tag blocking companions would block anything to do with the companions faction as well. :wallbash: A computer works off of logic, and not reason. there is a huge difference. :yes:

Because lately the follower mods have been so bad that I've considered wanting to block the whole category of followers because I just feel like there's no hope for that category for me anymore.

+1

I get that the filter is what it is and it can't perform magic tricks or read minds, but I've been thinking there may be just cause to add a dedicated Waifu section. At least then they'd be easy to avoid find when you're looking for a most excellent Barbie Waifu follower mod.

@Arafox. I don't think you understand what Waifu actually means. It is often used incorrectly as meaning any pretty semi anime female. (Big wide eyes, big boobs. look at real animé for more) The actual definition is Wife. (The word is a Japanese adaptation of the English word, just as aname is an English adaptation of a Japanese word) There are some people who adopt an aname character as their Waifu. Kind of like some people have an imaginary friend. It's a Japanese thing and I don't understand it either. :rolleyes:

Most of what you think is Waifu will be filtered by a combination of the anime and skimpy tags. No tag will be perfect as not everyone thinks the same way. Be willing to accept that you will probably see some mods that don't fit your personal exact meaning of what you think the tag really means. But by using the tags properly, you will see fewer of those you don't want to see. :thumbsup:

@Arafox. I don't think you understand what Waifu actually means. It is often used incorrectly as meaning any pretty semi anime female. (Big wide eyes, big boobs. look at real animé for more) The actual definition is Wife. (The word is a Japanese adaptation of the English word, just as aname is an English adaptation of a Japanese word) There are some people who adopt an aname character as their Waifu. Kind of like some people have an imaginary friend. It's a Japanese thing and I don't understand it either. :rolleyes:

Most of what you think is Waifu will be filtered by a combination of the anime and skimpy tags. No tag will be perfect as not everyone thinks the same way. Be willing to accept that you will probably see some mods that don't fit your personal exact meaning of what you think the tag really means. But by using the tags properly, you will see fewer of those you don't want to see. :thumbsup:

lol domo arigato bben46 *bows respectfully*

I forgot my [sarc] tags in the first post, apologies :D

And I know there is no real fix, and no real point in complaining about it. We simply have to side step what we don't want. Still, if you're going to dream... dream big.

You need to remember also that the filter system is only as good as the tags that get used. If a mod author doesn't use the tags then the tag filters won't work on it.

Many files regular downloaders are able to help tag, and when so many are gotten or the mod author oks them then they can also be tagged. Becuase the tags like all things is subject to misuse some authors block this feature. Many do not so feel free to correctly tag files to help the filters.

@AraFox: :thumbsup:

I was going to insert a bowing smiley with a coolie hat here. But with my main system down, I don't have access to my big library of smilies. So this one will have to do. :wallbash: