Morrowind May Modathon Month 2016 - Celebrating 14 Years of Morrowind!

darkelfguy

Morrowind May Modathon Month 2016

Celebrating Morrowind's 14th Anniversary

Watch the Announcement Video Here

Week One Winners:

TASB - Time and Space Bubble (TARDIS) By Dagoth Agahnim - Video Showcase

Better Spriggans By Sigmaund - Video Showcase

Week Two Winners:

Memories of Morrowind by Illy - Video Showcase

Buff Clipping (A.K.A. Overbuff Kickback) by svengineer99 - Video Showcase

Tamrielic Lore by PikachunoTM - Video Showcase

Week Three Winners:

Old Vos Tradepost By Bauglir - Video Showcase

Mournhold Royal Palace Room By Dagoth Agahnim

Inventory Control By Svengineer99

Description:

"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say." - J.R.R. Tolkien

In the early days of May 2002, a little game came out called The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It would go on to save Bethesda Softworks from bankruptcy, sell millions of copies, and become the most popular game for modding at the turn of the century. Now, 14 years later, over 22,000 mods have been released for Morrowind between Morrowind Nexus and Morrowind Modding History with the modding community still going strong.

In order to celebrate the 14th Anniversary of Morrowind, we're doing something special, we're holding a May Modathon Month! Throughout the entire month of May, participating modders on the Nexus , The Assimilation Lab and GHF who submit Morrowind mods could get a chance to win indie or AAA games each week. Likewise, all participating mods will be entered to win the Mod of the Month Award, with a ton of games as a prize.

Not only that, but all winners will get trailers, special showcases, and numerous video features on Morrowind Modding Showcases. And the winner of the Mod of the Month award will naturally get featured in our Mod of the Month series, celebrating the best mods released for Morrowind each month.

Participation and How it Works:

You can participate by leaving a short note in the mod description page of your mod at Morrowind Nexus, The Assimilation Lab and GHF that includes "Part of the May Modathon Month" somewhere near the top of the description.

Every week two-three different modders will be selected at random to win a single AAA or Indie game, and the way this works is that we'll compose a list of all participating mods released that week, plug them into a random number generator, and the top three results we get back will be the winners for that week.

If you win in one of these weekly drawings, I'll send you a message on the Nexus, GHF, TAL, or some other forum board notifying you that you've won and providing a list of three games you can choose from as your prize. If you already own all three games, or want to specify a particular genre of game you want as a reward, I'll send you an updated list to choose from. Please try not to abuse this system though, due to financial reasons, I can't necessarily give you the best games on the market right now, even with the recent public funding of Morrowind Modding Showcases, we can't always afford the newest games to giveaway. So please, don't abuse the system!

The second way you can win is through the grand prize, the mod of the month award with 10~15 games as prizes. This award is determined by a panel of five secret judges who'll be going through and rating each mod in the entire event on a simple numerical scale.

The scale they'll be using can be found below:

5 Points for Mod Functionality (Mod does what it's supposed to)
3 Points for Mod Quality (Polish and extra features)
2 Points for Mod Cleaning (No dirty references or GMSTs)

The total points possible for any mod is 50, or a 10 out of 10 from each judge. In the event of a tie, we should have enough games to go around for all.

Indeed, we have over 100 games in stock to give away, so if you collaborate on a mod with someone else, regardless of which of the two ways you can win, everyone involved will still get something for their efforts.

Rules:
Overall this competition and giveaway is pretty easy to understand, and there aren't a whole lot of rules involved, but there are a few things we should clear up just in case.

First, all types of mods are perfectly acceptable. From texture replacers to gameplay tweaks to content mods like house mods, quest mods, or dungeon mods. All of those are fine and will be accepted for the competition! The only kind of mod that will NOT be accepted is cheat mods, i.e. placing a barrel full of loot in the middle of Seyda Neen or placing a daedric longsword in the Census and Excise Office. Cheat mods like that will not be considered for the competition.

Also, it should be pointed out that for larger mod projects, you can submit a demo or playable beta of your mod as part of the competition and it'll be perfectly acceptable. I do need to stress that it must absolutely be playable though. Any mod that crashes to desktop upon loading the game will not be considered.

Remember, this only applies to mods released in May, so let's all get to modding and make this the 14th Anniversary that Morrowind deserves!

If you don't know how to mod, check out our Let's Mod Morrowind series for a visual guide to modding - including interiors, basic scripting, and quest design.

Please Note: This event is being hosted by Morrowind Modding Showcases, and is not affiliated with Nexus Mods, The Assimilation Lab or Great House Fliggerty. We have, however, received permission from the Nexus to proceed with this competition and post this thread, so hopefully there won't be any problems there.

If you have any questions about this event, please send me a message here on the forums!

Are mods already released only on personal site allowed? Edited by abot

Guess it's time to buckle down and finish Bal Isra Rising then, and maybe a few more mods along the way each week.~

-cracks knuckles-

Great to hear, really looking forward to seeing what you can produce! :)

Are mods already released only on personal site allowed?

Well, I guess, as long as it's a fairly recent release, or a new version of an existing release, that would be fine.

Oh god what have you done to me Darkelfguy????!!!?!?!

I started working on a "small" house/dungeon to release for the first week's drawing, and now it's starting to turn into something Sobitur size and I have nothing to release this week Q_Q This is already getting out of hand!

Edit: Oh, I can put out a demo for the weekly thing, ok cool because I'm getting ambitious and spent an entire day troubleshooting a single damn script with a friend to no avail, but I'm determined! I'll just put out a WIP demo for week 1 and make an ACTUAL small house mod next week to take a short break and get into that week's drawing too.lol I swear I'll finish this first one during may, I'm determined to win grand prize ;p

Edited by dagothagahnim

Well, I changed my mind and decided to give myself a 48 hour challenge mod to submit. 6 hours of work done on it so far today and I'm releasing a WIP demo of it for the contest, I'll finish it tomorrow probably, no later than 2pm Sunday though, that's the 48 hour cutoff and I'm sticking to it no matter what :tongue:

After that, back to work on Vernoch Facility (which is becoming a continuation of the Sobitur storyline now) and Bal Isra Rising.

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44272/?

one week's entry in, three more to go for the month! :tongue:

Edit:: full release done, well under the 48 hour mark (16 hours to spare in fact) and the nexus page and download have been updated.

Edited by dagothagahnim

I had already published my MegaMod yesterday and only now learned about the Modathon. I have now updated the description. Does that enter Azura's Touch for the competition?

Aye, you can. As long as a mod is released in May it can be included as part of Morrowind Modathon Month with a chance to win the Mod of the Month award. I'll make sure it gets included on the competition lists.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about the event. I understand that while they judges are judging they are giving each mod a score, and then the top score wins the contest. May I assume that the participating authors will have the scores revealed to them along with detailed information on why they received that score?