Can't figure out how to get weapon to use new impact sounds

noahdvs

I'm trying to make a new unarmed weapon based on the human fists that uses different impact sounds and I can't figure out how. It seems I've done everything existing unarmed weapons have, excluding the Powerfist which plays a weapon specific sound whenever it's used like guns do. Weapons like the knuckles, deathclaw gauntlet and human fists have their own sound descriptors that tell the game what sound to use based on what they hit, but there are no keywords or sound keyword mappings associated that I can see. I created sound descriptors exactly the same way as they are for other unarmed weapons (WPNImpactWeaponNameHereVsMaterialHere for the names, settings are the same except for the audio files they point to), but I only hear the default sounds for fists in game when I hit NPCs or objects. My audio files are 16 bit mono wav files (XWM is not necessary for small SFX).

Edited by noahdvs

I figured it out. For anyone that cares, you have to edit the impact set and impact forms, not just the sound descriptors. I didn't know I had to do that because there wasn't a category for them under audio in the F4CK.

Edited by noahdvs