How to keep lights on without power

mazakala

I can't figure out how the whole electric grid mechanic works. I want to use the buildable lamp statics, specifically the neon letters from Wasteland Workshop, and have them stay lit without power. I figured it was just an animation, but I can't seem to get any of the animations to play?

I have a lot of things to do for my mod and can't afford to spend too much time on this, has anyone here figured out how the system works at all, how do you connect a generator to a lamp in the Creation Kit, for example?

Hi!
Maybe add the words GECK or Creation Kit in the title - i thought you dont know how to setup a generator and a lamp ingame...
Sorry cant help, havent used it so far.
Mike

Edit:
Well thats awkward. Next time im gonna look out for tags - sorry my fault :-)

Edited by mikegrauohr

figured it out, finally! The neon signs are animated, but playanim("ON") does nothing, even though it should. the reason is that the .nif file contains BSBehaviorGraphExtraData, namely GenericBehaviors\Workshop\Workshop.hkx which probably contains most of the workshop stuff you don't see in the CreationKit. After blanking that line and saving as a new .nif, I now have custom neon lights that can respond correctly to playanim without being "powered".
I would still like to know how Beth linked together those powered objects in the CK though, as in the cell RelayOutpostZimonja, for example.

• 4 weeks later...