At a Crossroad

I don't even know who Thaler is. So thanks for clearing that up for me. I need to continue on in TW1 and finish the game I guess so I can tie some of these people together. There is quite a bit of reference to events in TW1 that I have no clue what they are talking about. I'll keep my opinion of Roche for the moment...that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :thumbsup:

I think Roche is a man of passions, more so than Iorveth. He's fiercely loyal, to Temeria, to Foltest, to his team. He loses his temper easily. Iorveth is more stable, and a cynical idealist (if that isn't an oxymoron). Both of them will do things which both we, as 21st century humans, and their own contempories, consider "wrong" - killing a king, killing non-combatants or allowing them to be killed, torturing suspects. All in the name of the greater good.

I think that Geralt would probably consider both to be honourable men after having a few conversations with them, regardless of who he sides with. So he "owes Roche" and would probably kill Letho if he sides with Iorveth. And, if he sides with Roche, he will probably go and rescue Iorveth during the Vergen siege, and he may not kill Letho because it seems to be less important to Roche by then.

I really don't know what I consider the right thing to do about the dragon, if I can't cure her. It was Sile, not Philippa, who sicced the dragon on everyone in Loc Muinne, and who was prepared to kill everyone there, including the kings and the other sorceresses and mages, to cover up the conspiracy. If I kill Sile, then Philippa is the only threat, and she may be just another "greater good" believer like Roche and Iorveth. Demavend was clearly a bad king (Skalen's references to dwarven massacres), so I don't hold his death against her. As Philippa's injured and Geralt or Iorveth could still go after her in the future if she mis-uses the dragon, and as Geralt doesn't like killing dragons, I think I'd take the risk and leave the dragon alive on Iorveth path. On Roche path, Geralt doesn't know about any of this, so he would probably leave the dragon alive out of respect for dragons.

The one thing the Dwarves, elves or basically every single non-sorceress teach you in the game is : Do not trust Sorceress.

They think to highly of themselves, they mock kings and others and think are the only people befitted to rule. Truth is with that Ego a Pontar Valley under their rule would be a mess, do you think they would care about racism? The only good future for the Pontar Valley if you ask me is Saskia. What difference does Temeria have from the other kingdoms? What makes it better? Preserved or not, it's only borders. I'll go all the way to make sure Saskia lives.

The Lodge will make things a lot more difficult. They might use the war to their advantage and while the northern armies are away take control of some parts. Considering that only the minor spell weavers got killed in Loc Muinne, all those high born egoistic members who actually have anything to say escaped. If they control the Pontar Valley, they control the north, and this time it'll be far worse than what happened in Dol Blathanna, since that only happened to the Scoia'tael, but that once again proves that Sorceresses like Francesca Findabair and Philippa Eilheart do everything they can to remain in power.

And then there is Nilfgaard, what those politicking Black ones will do this time is out of my mind. Letho, he's either playing a very good play with rescuing Triss under the orders of Emhyr to gain Geralt's trust(which still seems unlikely), or has given up working for him. Both don't make any sense, why would he go through so much trouble and destroy all his efforts like that? And then again, he was "captured" by Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen trying to get into the camp, and used as the winning card in Nilfgaard plans to destroy the Lodge. This also means that Emhyr fears the lodge, and gives us and the Northern Kingdoms good reason to do so too.

Now it's time to wait, Nilfgaard has made his move and for the third time passed the border in Yaruga. Saskia and Iorveth will probably try to unit the Pontar Delta while the lands beneath it fall. If Henselt keeps his words, he might consider joining forces with the Pontar's, but it seems more likely to me that he'll not risk it. I'm still thinking why Henselt invited the Nilfgaardians in the first place, if he knew about this and worked with Nilfgaard it's likely he'll stay away from this war or hand the Pontar to Nilfgaard to secure his position... But we'll have to wait and see I think.

• 1 month later...

I Was reading what you guys are saying and I Would like to point out that each step brings us closer to our memories and yennefer, but there's triss a founding member of the lodge who everyone from sile, phillipa, shillard the lead guard of the empire all say that we've been lied to by TRISS? Now Letho save's her & sile if set free say's yennifeer is in nilfguard & so does letho so wouldn't triss know to?? maybe triss told the emporer about the lodge maybe triss spoke to letho long before anyone thinks? She can't want us to find yen and if sile and phillipa are out of the picture with the lodge's and guilds doesn't that put her in a very, very good position?? She's to connected to everything and everyone? But I'm Just thinking out loud. Sorry didn't mean to be off topic.

Thanks For Your Time,

BILL

I, personally, tried to be as neutral as possible,

acting the way Geralt would have, if he were real.

as a witcher, he would stay away from politics, focus on slaying the wild hunt, saving triss, and lifting curses.

I sided with Roche, to clear my name and find the kingslayer. plus, i was indebted to him.

I didn't accept to work for Henselt, when he offered me. since i knew Geralt had had enough of royalty. that was why he asked Foltset to let him retire from his court, and to live free with Triss, just before letho killed him.

I went after Triss, in "where is triss merigold?" instead of helping roche. since i no longer felt indebted to him. plus, i knew geralt couldn't have just ignored triss being chained in the Nilfgaardian dungeons.

I let sile live. geralt needed to know about yennefer's whereabouts.

I fought the dragon, but i left it alive.

Witchers don't kill dragons.

in the end, after finding out how much letho valued and respected geralt, i held him up to his word, and i let him live. i felt like if i killed him, all the things he had done to be able to re-establish the school of viper had been in vain, therefore, foltest would have died for nothing. plus, as a witcher, geralt wouldn't allow his kind to be nearly extinct.

i knew he would need all the help he could get to stop the wild hunt.

I believe i was fairly neutral here.

Edited by vesemir the witcher