52 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143,887 posts
Believable Drumlin Diner

Makes Drumlin Diner look more like what you'd expect for a store.

Enthusiast

• Account closed
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
I thoroughly agree with all your opinions about Drumlin Diner and am glad you've decided to make this mod which I'm about to download. One thing I would add though is a bit more protection against all these raids they keep having. All those wide open windows? Come on. You'd have thought they'd have considered boarding at least some of them up for protection by now. Since they apparently have electricity, a turret or two up on their roof wouldn't go amiss either.

Zeromadcatzero

Zeromadcatzero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
I was waiting for a drumlin diner fix. To survive they would have a fence and some defences I think. Its ridiculous to imagine they would live in that hole. So you on the right track but i'll wait till the idea is developed further.

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 11,170 posts
Granted, the place looks a bit cleaner, but still as unbelievable as before (with the emphasis that this is my opinion).

Want to make the diner look like someone's living there? Then divide the place in two with an inner wall with doorway, add beds (in the same part the matrasses are lying about), get rid of all the tables with seats (no-one's gonna come grab a bite there anyway), move the counter around so Trudy can walk from the 'living quarters' to right up behind her counter. Ad storage to the other side of the diner; add a small generator outside with a few jerry-cans and also a small garden with corn and whatever food you fancy, preferably accessible through an aadded door in the side. Board-up all the windows; it's bound to get cold in winter and since there's no apparent fireplace, hey, add that too...

Just my two Ero-cents ;)

macvane

macvane

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
In response to post #37416910.

Spoiler

It was never stated they live there. They just come there daily to do trade. They probably live in a hidden location.

hjeblome

hjeblome

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 88 posts
To be honest I didn't really think anyone would really be interested in this mod. The basic idea was to maintain Bethesda's "yeah 200 years have gone by but humanity hasn't recovered at all yet" motif. Again, more unbelievable stuff from the designers. The whole commonwealth would be much more lush and green after 200 years (look at pictures of Chernobyl now and that only happened 30 years ago). Anyway, give me a bit and I'll see what I can do without making Drumlin an outright fortress and while trying to keep the building mostly intact and still looking like a diner.

hjeblome

hjeblome

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 88 posts
In response to post #37416910. #37422185 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I *did* use the word "presumably" in the description. ;-)

Bitdman

Bitdman

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 215 posts
I like the idea....keep going

hjeblome

hjeblome

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 88 posts
The turret I added in v1.1 is a diamond city turret. I am not sure how to set ownership of a turret or if you even can...faction maybe? Anyway I'm headed out for the day. Feel free to message me if you have any thoughts/suggestions.

LordOfDragons01

LordOfDragons01

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 456 posts
Love the mod, don't like the turret being there, perhaps add it as optional?

If not, I'd recommend you change your main page description to mention that you'd added thigns that weren't there from the beginning, contradictory to what it says at the moment :P

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.010 seconds