kronos357

FO40K still alive and will continue to push 40k stuff into fallout 4, but the team I assembled earlier this year has pretty much dissolved since I was the only modeler. Also my job was pretty demanding the last few months and destroyed the groove I had going on, but I've recently finished up and started going through more modeling tutorials as a refresher to help bring my old models up to par. I'm still clueless how to get my creations into fallout 4 though, so I'll be moving on to 40k architecture for now since settlement parts are one of the only really well documented modding guides out at the moment (thanks Stuyk).

I will get some weapons and armor of the imperium ingame eventually, but unless I get some help at least finding some decent tutorials on how to get finished models ingame, it will be a while.

Here's an album of the weapons I've modeled so far that have been sitting on ice for months and here is where you can find more information on the project.

FO40K still alive and will continue to push 40k stuff into fallout 4, but the team I assembled earlier this year has pretty much dissolved since I was the only modeler. Also my job was pretty demanding the last few months and destroyed the groove I had going on, but I've recently finished up and started going through more modeling tutorials as a refresher to help bring my old models up to par. I'm still clueless how to get my creations into fallout 4 though, so I'll be moving on to 40k architecture for now since settlement parts are one of the only really well documented modding guides out at the moment.

I will get some weapons and armor of the imperium ingame eventually, but unless I get some help at least finding some decent tutorials on how to get finished models ingame, it will be a while.

Here's an album of the weapons I've modeled so far that have been sitting on ice for months and here is where you can find more information on the project.

Thanks for your hard work, and thank you so much more for having the Lucius pattern on the docket!

You could possibly try asking Doombased for help. He's got some of the more successful weapon mods on the nexus as far as I can tell. He could probably help you, though, I don't know if he would. (As I don't know him personally.)

I haven't the slightest to be completely honest. Modeling is my hobby, not my profession, though I've clocked quite a few hours of training over the last year. This is the third attempt at making a modular lasgun platform. Unlike the previous attempts though, I'm quite satisfied the general aesthetic and have finished the parts to fill any combat role. Regardless, this is still the first project I'll be bringing to completion, and this kind of work is already notoriously difficult to estimate the completion time anyways. A quick answer is I'm working on it, and unfortunately I'm working on it alone, so it could take a while.

You seem to be interested in the lucius pattern specifically, so I have good news and bad news. Good news is it's getting its own weapons platform. Bad news is it's coming after the galaxy platform that I'm working on now so it will likely be in the weeks rather than days.

I haven't the slightest to be completely honest. Modeling is my hobby, not my profession, though I've clocked quite a few hours of training over the last year. This is the third attempt at making a modular lasgun platform. Unlike the previous attempts though, I'm quite satisfied the general aesthetic and have finished the parts to fill any combat role. Regardless, this is still the first project I'll be bringing to completion, and this kind of work is already notoriously difficult to estimate the completion time anyways. A quick answer is I'm working on it, and unfortunately I'm working on it alone, so it could take a while.

You seem to be interested in the Lucius pattern specifically, so I have good news and bad news. Good news is it's getting its own weapons platform. Bad news is it's coming after the galaxy platform that I'm working on now so it will likely be in the weeks rather than days.

That's fine. So long as it's accurate in the ways that it can be, I'll be happy.

My personal check-list:

- Being the most powerful per-shot of all of the standard lasguns (Maybe around 130 with all perks and upgrades?)

- Having a slower rate of fire than other semi-auto lasguns

- Being semi-automatic only

- Having a standard charge pack capacity of 25 shots

- Being slightly more accurate than other patters (That aren't long-las')

- Having a sword bayonet

I'm sure that you already know how they're supposed to be, but I figured I'd go ahead and post this just in case.

I can wait for however long so long as I know that it's at least being worked on. It's all good.

Thanks again for working on this.

Thank you for getting back to me through PM, i was afraid you would ignore me.

Good to know this isn't dead yet! I really wish i could help you, but my modeling skills are limited at best and my coding skills non-existant.

My primary interest lies solely in the Imperial Guard armors though. Fell in love with Kasrkin armor when i first saw it on Dawn Of War.

Now my favorite faction is IG.

I thought about porting the IG armor mod from Fallout New Vegas to F4, but got discouraged by the amount of work that would go into that..

I truly admire you for your persistance! I really hope to see more soon!

Thanks again! (my hero!)

I have a big pile of warhammer books to use as a reference, but ultimately the first version of the mod will be focused on integrating into the fallout world. The galaxy platform will be a standard laser, the lucius will add some radiation damage to shots, and the mars platform will add some damage vs robots. This will help energy weapons fill more roles in the pretty ballistic focused vanilla game. Don't fret though, the ultimate goal is nothing short of a total conversion (which will be much more lore focused).

NP Chrophiss, thanks for bringing the forums to my attention. Don't worry about the mod dying. I may go silent from time to time, but I've been dying for a 40k fps since the first dawn of war in 2005. FO40K is happening. I just need to get a solid release of lasguns out as a proof of concept, then I'll get to recruiting again. Worst case scenario I do everything myself, but the stuff on the docket WILL get done eventually. There's still technically 35 members of the FO40K team including testers, but we'll see how many are still playing fallout when I get the first release out. Kasrkin are one of my favs, what do you think about the tempestus scions? :tongue: There's some more details on the armor I'm putting in eventually, but the heavy version of flak armor will likely be the kasrkin set. Kreig and elysian have pretty damn cool armor on top of tempestus scions so lord knows what I'll end up making over time. Right now my skills are tailored for hard surface modeling (gunz and architecture) so I'll need to be retrained a bit when I get to that point.

• 1 month later...

I have a big pile of warhammer books to use as a reference, but ultimately the first version of the mod will be focused on integrating into the fallout world. The galaxy platform will be a standard laser, the lucius will add some radiation damage to shots, and the mars platform will add some damage vs robots. This will help energy weapons fill more roles in the pretty ballistic focused vanilla game. Don't fret though, the ultimate goal is nothing short of a total conversion (which will be much more lore focused).

NP Chrophiss, thanks for bringing the forums to my attention. Don't worry about the mod dying. I may go silent from time to time, but I've been dying for a 40k fps since the first dawn of war in 2005. FO40K is happening. I just need to get a solid release of lasguns out as a proof of concept, then I'll get to recruiting again. Worst case scenario I do everything myself, but the stuff on the docket WILL get done eventually. There's still technically 35 members of the FO40K team including testers, but we'll see how many are still playing fallout when I get the first release out. Kasrkin are one of my favs, what do you think about the tempestus scions? :tongue: There's some more details on the armor I'm putting in eventually, but the heavy version of flak armor will likely be the kasrkin set. Kreig and elysian have pretty damn cool armor on top of tempestus scions so lord knows what I'll end up making over time. Right now my skills are tailored for hard surface modeling (gunz and architecture) so I'll need to be retrained a bit when I get to that point.

I would love to help, but the most that I could do is test things to make sure that it's not f*#@ed. My skills are with writing stories, not making models. Though, I could TRY to make models if that's what's most needed, but they'd be s#*! for a while, and I really don't think that training someone to use 3DSMax would be the best use of your time. (I used to know how to use it, but that was a few years ago, and that was drafting floor plans, not actual 3D images as far as I remember.)

• 3 months later...