MOD Request: Stereo Radio functionality

PoppaSmirk

One thing sort of missing when I craft furniture. The stereo build only creates the...box, the framework cabinet of the stereo, cause it doesn't work. But apparently at the start of the game, it does, because the stereo entertainment center is part of the Sole Survivors home furnishings before the bombs go off.

http://i68.tinypic.com/9ia7aa.jpg

So what I would hope to see if someone finds it a good enough reason to make a mod, is to make the craftable stereo play radio stations, and / or also play holotapes.

Edited by PoppaSmirk

Holotapes would require a lot of work and no one gives a s#*! to do it. I'd estimate that it would take an experienced modder like 3 hours. There's a couple of ways to go about that but it's just not worth it. What would the end product be? An activator that you walk away from immediately? There's already the jukebox in the base game, and while it can't run external holotapes it basically does the same thing.

Holotapes would require a lot of work and no one gives a s*** to do it. I'd estimate that it would take an experienced modder like 3 hours. There's a couple of ways to go about that but it's just not worth it. What would the end product be? An activator that you walk away from immediately? There's already the jukebox in the base game, and while it can't run external holotapes it basically does the same thing.

True, the jukebox does play but I've never been too enthused with the playlist options :) I can and do use the radios that can be crafted, both the wall attached and the older style tabletop versions, but I just wanted to have the option of using a radio/stereo in decorating settlements, and not have it just be ...a useless shell.