Creation Kit - Homemaker Mod

mroboto2016

If I want to modify a building I created with the Homemaker mod, How do I load and find it in the creation kit? I tried setting homemaker to load as the active file, but as an esm, it didn't like that. Basically, Dude, where's my house?

Edited by mroboto2016

If your trying to modify a buiiding you made while playing the game, you can't. Until programs like Cell Ripper come back, there is no way to remove or modify player built structures in a saved game. However if you want to use the CK to build it up from scratch and then load it into the game, it shouldn't be that difficult.

First you'll need to load the mods you want to use, in this case Homemaker and the regular Fallout4 files.

Find an interior cell that closely resembles the ambient lighting you wish to use. I prefer to use the UFOCrashcave myself, but to each his own.

Duplicate that cell, then rename the Duplicated cell to which ever you want

Using the objects, Mostly under world objects category, build the cell to resemble anything you want, and decorate it.

Once your satisfied with that, place a door

Then open the exterior cells to the location you want. and you can modify a prebuilt structure to look like the outside of your building.

Once done that, place a door that links and teleports your character into the interior that you build.

That's basically how you build a house in a nutshell. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to create a building, a house or a vault. whatever you desire.

I hope this answered your question or atleast pointed you in the right direction to find the answer. Good luck