How To Change Pipboy World Map

Hi everyone, I was able to successfully build a new outdoor location for Fallout 4. I've had experience in this area of things in fallout 3, NV and Skyrim. but there is only one thing I can't seem to figure out for Fallout 4's creation kit. That is how to actually change the pipboy worldmap? In Skyrim it referenced the actual mass of the whole LOD of the world. In Fallout 3 and NV it required a .DDS file exported as X1. I have made a .DDS file the same size as bostons and exported as X1.

I've set the new worldspace to use the worldmap I have created but for some reason it still shows boston and says "commonwealth" in the pipboy map screen. It does hide all the locations that were in boston so the only problem i'm having is getting the correct worldmap texture to display. What could I be missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm working on a very large project and this seems to be my only barrier.

I have made the correct DDS file, made a "Location" made a Is(name)Location keyword, referenced the "Location" within the wordspace data of the new "world", referenced the custom DDS file in the proper file path within the worldspace properties. Still get nothing in the pipboy when i "coc" to the new location.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I can actually change world map textures in game simply by uninstalling/installing mods in NMM, then re-displaying the Pipboy (without existing the game), so your DDS comment should be spot on. I would think it would be an MSWP record. Haven't dealt with the Pipboy, so I don't know where the entry point would be for triggering the material swap (I'm used to triggering them from OMODs, etc.), but it seems like it should be straight forward. I'm doing some modding this week and weekend, so if I have some time to poke around, i'll let you know if anything stands out.