My Status Update for my Mods

SephDragoon

Big Edit: Okay, I am officially back, and I've begun releasing updates for some of my mods. I will be getting caught up soon. I am also trying to figure out what all the new Far Harbor DLC has changed. There's definitely been some effects on my mods. The rest below is just for posterity's sake, aka, my original post:

If anyone is wondering what this is for, I am linking to it on my mod's pages. I've been out of commission because of my computer and I wanted to have a singular place for all of my mods to link to to show updates.

So, if you all didn't know from the comments of my various mods, I am currently without a computer more powerful than my smart phone. All I have is a really old laptop, and I can't get Fallout 4 working on there. How did this happen? Well, I had a nice AMD FX-9590 CPU, and it fried on me. Evidently this is a problem with that processor, but thankfully it was still under warranty. The catch? I have to send the computer across the US to get it worked on.

So for the last three weeks my computer has been shipped across the US at a snail's pace, worked on, and shipped back (to the wrong address no less), and is now being rerouted. If it wasn't the CPU, I swear I would have fixed it myself, but I didn't intend to shell out for another CPU.

Because of the shipping mistake, it is -now- scheduled to be here Friday.

I want to assure everyone that I will be getting myself back up and running as soon as FedEx and iBuyPower can get their act together and get me my damn computer back already! I'll be finishing up the updates intended to come out before the GECK, and then I will be getting myself nice and acquainted with the GECK. (It is in open BETA now right? So I can download it whenever?) Either way, I wanted to inform all of you because I want to assure you I have not been goofing off, ignoring you, or intentionally not updating. This has all been out of my power (ironically given the company I purchased from), and I will be getting everything back on track as -soon- as I can.

Thank you for all of your patience. This really couldn't have happened at a worse time, but such is my luck. (That is definitely not what makes -me- S.P.E.C.I.A.L.) Luck Stat: -3

Edit: IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED!

Edit 2: Online and operational!

Edited by SephDragoon

It's good to hear that your RMA is progressing. This story makes me glad I build my rigs myself and get parts from local stores which have signed guarantee service partnership with all major hardware brands. I was super impressed with Evga. After consulting technician they compensated my gtx 780ti with gtx 980. The store gave me green light for upgrade deal to 980 ti after paying the price difference, which was like 80eu. All it took was 2 days.

Back to OP. I must say it's rare to see mod author care enough to explain their sudden inactivity. I always apreciate ETA posted in the description.

In the past, I have always built my own computer. When it came to this one, it was all liquid cooling and yadda yadda, and the pricetag seemed pretty dang close to what I would have paid if I did build it myself. In the end, really, the only downside was the time it took. If -anything- other than the CPU had been the problem, I would have fixed it myself.

Anyhow thank you. It has mostly been killing me with the timing. I really -want- to be working on my mods right now. So yeah, I didn't want anyone to think otherwise! :p

In the past, I have always built my own computer. When it came to this one, it was all liquid cooling and yadda yadda, and the pricetag seemed pretty dang close to what I would have paid if I did build it myself. In the end, really, the only downside was the time it took. If -anything- other than the CPU had been the problem, I would have fixed it myself.

Anyhow thank you. It has mostly been killing me with the timing. I really -want- to be working on my mods right now. So yeah, I didn't want anyone to think otherwise! :tongue:

Not to derail, but is all that water cooling really worth it and necessary? I remember when all that first came out, I was heavy into building my own PC's (and still do, just not as overkill as back then). I've never had a rig that ran so hot that I had to go that route, but then I also don't overclock or anything like that. My current build is in a Cooler Master HAF case and everything in there is literally cool or just slightly warm to the touch.

Not to derail, but is all that water cooling really worth it and necessary? I remember when all that first came out, I was heavy into building my own PC's (and still do, just not as overkill as back then). I've never had a rig that ran so hot that I had to go that route, but then I also don't overclock or anything like that. My current build is in a Cooler Master HAF case and everything in there is literally cool or just slightly warm to the touch.

You can oc your gpu/cpu more than with air cooling and have really low level of noise during full load with the right amount of radiators and long enough loop. The noisiest part of your system would be the pump. Nowadays you can get pre-build loops (I'm not talking about those AIO sets for CPU/GPU). It's more convinient then buying everything separete and then cut and wresstle with it.

Anyhow thank you. It has mostly been killing me with the timing. I really -want- to be working on my mods right now. So yeah, I didn't want anyone to think otherwise! :tongue:

I can see how tempting it could be for that price. In the end I decided that I'm too lazy to deal with full cooling loop each time I wanted to tinker with my pc and I'm moving it quite often. It's not mATX form, but close enough :P

Just hang in there for a bit more. The wait is almost over.

You can oc your gpu/cpu more than with air cooling and have really low level of noise during full load with the right amount of radiators and long enough loop. The noisiest part of your system would be the pump. Nowadays you can get pre-build loops (I'm not talking about those AIO sets for CPU/GPU). It's more convinient then buying everything separete and then cut and wresstle with it.

I can see where noise would be improved. Honestly this HAF case is the quietest case I've ever ran, and yet it moves a crap ton of air.

Considering that my CPU burned out on me even WITH the liquid cooling, yeah, I'd say I had needed it. It wasn't a full loop system though, it was only to the CPU as a direct heat sink. Even then, it fried.

So yeah, I had chosen a CPU that was as powerful as I could get, and I got the instability to go with it. I ended up downgrading from an AMD 9590 to what was it, 8350? Yeah, that sounds like it. I hate to go down in speed, but -supposedly- it is far more stable and only slightly less powerful. I really hope I will not regret that decision, but everything I look up seems to suggest it as well.