Xanthys: Custom Voiced Skeletal Pyromancer Follower WiP Thread

PyroToaster

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now for some technical fun stuff! You might think oh wow he has all these armor can you just put them in his inventory an mix an match? Unfortunately not..I couldnt find a way to do this since this is a skeleton npc from the start but I have a work around! Lets start from ze begining since your his master you have to command him what to do so he equips armor through dialogue!

8fb82b058a6f210b585be5251a387a1a.png

So isnt that great? you can even humiliate poor Xanthys you f***in as-Now you must be thinking: I'm gonna have to scroll through a list of armors to make him equip what I want!?!?!? No you goober shutup idiot Theres these nifty things called condition functions where the dialogue will only pop up if it meets certain requirements which is super friggin handy and I abuse it a lot

ddbd3b89b3ff138a5a8f804cbc1044fc.png

The stage means if Xanthys is following you and if he is you check that off as a completed condition. Does it show in his inventory that his Jester clothes are equppied? Check. As for race I have all his armor sets set up as races but its set to zero which means if he's not that race he can equip it! Check!

299e5345c177d787944c23014b711e9d.png

Now my favorite part scripting! we have to make it so he'll change race from his default to the jester race! and since we're scripting we can add super cool effects!

96c8984714dfe26590c649b1509eb597.png

YES COMPILATION SUCCESSFULL HNNNNNGH!! Okay now that Im done we add to the script fragment so make the the actual script do stuff

9574416bbe21e88970efa0e324d6c70b.png

f3c9858e61085899f44c61fe5086176a.gif

then we fill in the properties!

22e9f74d534f68659f45cb133e2b2df0.gif

AW YESS COMPILINGGGGGGG MMMMMMMMMM

and voila you now know how I've been doing the armor!

I won't, but I feel far less inclined to continue XD

It's just an Argonian Skeleton (Immersive Creatures) companion named 'Milk Drinker', I planned on his quest involving plenty of misfortune at his expense XD

Dude that sounds awesome! if you start wrokin on it an everything I would love for our two followers to interact with each other nexus definitely needs more undead followers

If I get that far, I'll try and set up an idle animation that has Milk Drinker pour some Ale out of his skull via script if they get within x amount of meters XD then they can have a brief chat if we collab XD

Damn, already got a voice actor. Oh well. Really like the design.

ACTUALLY STOP RIGHT THERE. I looked at your work on your youtube page and the type of voice your able to do is not only awesome it's exactly what I need! I've been doing the voice an they come out to my liking but at the cost of my throat which hurts like hell when I do it I dont have a natrual rasp voice. Would you still be interested if I pm you more details?? If so I dont want to guarentee anything but I would love to do some samples with you and see how it goes from there!

yeah sure, Pm me the details!

Edited by DanielHodge

If I get that far, I'll try and set up an idle animation that has Milk Drinker pour some Ale out of his skull via script if they get within x amount of meters XD then they can have a brief chat if we collab XD

Definitely do it! That would seriously be pretty damn cool and yeah I'd love if we can make them converse