Men's Medieval clothing

Kano Talion

First point: Which body or Bodies?

Meaningless, because Clothing COVERS Bodyparts. And such thing as a Neck can be simply exchange with Nifskope.

Fourthly - There needs to be a female version of EVERYTHING you make (as outfits are generally not gender-specific and need both male and female versions or you get some very "odd" outfits), and THEN you start needing to suppurt the assorted female body types: Vanilla, UFF, Roberts female, Exnem's, HGEC, TGND, DMRA, etc. ad nauseum.

Medieval Clothing isn't known for exposing as much naked skin, so its again meaingless.

Its very importand, its essential to get a MESH like this one,

http://intproject3.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/medieval-clothing.jpg?w=107&h=150

You can chance it from clothing to a chainmail simply by retexturing.

And a Mesh like this can be createt by combine Parts from the Townguard Armor and the lowerclass_2 male Shirt and could be also all-purpose usable.

Gambeson/Aketon from above

Another sample for multipurpose figure

But what iam thinking or planing, untill now nobody has done such thing or even working on it, but tomorow there will be a few new Manga dresses or such BS in the latest files...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First point: Which body or Bodies?

Meaningless, because Clothing COVERS Bodyparts. And such thing as a Neck can be simply exchange with Nifskope.

He means the body replacer mods. if you dont have the right clothing meshes for big boob mods and such there will be clipping issues and the boobs will stick through the clothes

I think it would be better if added to the existing lists, to break a bit seeing everybody wearing the same clothing at all times. Yes, that means we need someone able to work with meshes to add female support- Vanilla, HGEC & Roberts are the most popular.

I think there is plenty of retexture vanilla stock already, especially robes. And well done btw. Maybe trousers/skirts would be more in-demand? :psyduck: Also we would still be needing someone capable of gathering all the dds, nifs and whatsoever to compile them in something user-friendly. My skills reach as far as retexturing objects(thus creating new ones by copying whatever is in stock already), but I have no idea on how to make a mod with all the stuff. And although I'm looking forward on learning about it, I'm afraid it will not be now. :ermm:

He means the body replacer mods. if you dont have the right clothing meshes for big boob mods and such there will be clipping issues and the boobs will stick through the clothes

Not only that. You sometimes get gaps of ''air'' in places like the waist or neck.

I think there is plenty of retexture vanilla stock already, especially robes.

Just retextures sucks meanwhile. It could be easy to convert a vanilla robe into this Gambeson/Akteon.

Robe Robe backuppic

Just short the arms and skirt and remove what its red. Past a neckpart and some lower class clothing arms into it and its done. But lolita BS seams to be more important for an fantasy game.

Working step 2

ST2 Backup (advertising popup inc)

Thats all... that would be all.

How about a "proof of concept" stage where a retextured vanilla outfit or two are made, and an esp created to add them into levelled lists and to a couple of easy-to-find npcs? That tests several parts of what is needed.

Meanwhile if there is someone who can mod meshes, creating one new set of meshes for (say) upper class characters for all of the listed body types would give a new "base model" for the next batch of texturing.

Neither of these will hold up work on the other, so both can happen at the same time.

This game is over 4 years old and the sequel is already in the open, do you realy think there would be someone showed up who would do this for us? Not at all. In all those years, we got all sorts of Hentai-Lolita, posing and such BS but not one all those years has taken cear about medieval influence. Well, it isn't exactly right that no one minded about such things, but you know the comparison. Its embarrassing.

Forgett that, better working on some good concept for Skyrim. I bet there using Nif files again.

@Utyran - don't be defeatist! There are still mods being made and released for Morrowind, which is about five years older still.

This game is over 4 years old and the sequel is already in the open, do you realy think there would be someone showed up who would do this for us? Not at all. In all those years, we got all sorts of Hentai-Lolita, posing and such BS but not one all those years has taken cear about medieval influence. Well, it isn't exactly right that no one minded about such things, but you know the comparison. Its embarrassing.

Forgett that, better working on some good concept for Skyrim. I bet there using Nif files again.

It's a game. It's meant to be entertaining, and fun. Same with modding, since we do not get paid for it. People that did all the 'lolita' stuff like you say, believe me, enjoyed it or at least took some sort of benefit out of doing it. Otherwise it wouldn't exist. Is true; Skyrim is getting closer. That will not make Oblivion any more boring... even Morrowind keeps being modded today, although at a lower scale.

In other words, I'm trying to say that it is not pointless to make a mod like this just because the game is getting old or too much sexy skimpy stuff is around already. It is not pointless because the people involved in the making of the mod really want to get it done.

I also fear that this may end up off-topic as an argument about what is right or wrong regarding clothing. I don't want that. I want to get the best out of a modding experience, and it would be great for my noob skills to get to interact with experienced people. I wish someone knowing how, and willing to, work with meshes joined up! :thumbsup: