Men's Medieval clothing

Kano Talion

do you realy think there would be someone showed up who would do this for us?

We're here, we have skills. why cant we do it as a group? why does it have to be a single person? we need(max) 2 modellers. 3 or 4 texturers and a bunch of researchers to find inspiration for the texturers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to add in my own two bits worth. Oblivion is a fantasy world and similar, but not exactly the same as the medieval period as we know it. And as has already been pointed out, clothing styles changed quite a bit during the thousand years or so usually called middle ages. And also changed based on region. Southern Italian clothing was not the same as Scandinavian or middle eastern. Although styles did tend to migrate from region to region.

Much of the vanilla clothing in the game is not really period accurate to any given historical era. Also, everyone has their own ideas on just what clothing of the game should be, mostly picked up from some movie or TV show that may or may not have had any basis in reality. So have fun and make what you like for clothing. If you prefer late middle ages over early middle ages or renaisance go for it. There is plenty of room for all types of clothing here. :thumbsup:

Wow! I support this project wholeheartedly! (though, unfortunately, my skills are quite limited, so I'm afraid I'll have to stick with cheerleading, for now :blush: ) I would love to see more medieval/renaissance style stuff...for both men and women. :thumbsup:

I've been dying for someone to do a steel armor replacer that looks a bit like this: http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/Complete_Functional_Knight_Armor_AW1002.html

or this: http://www.ageofarmour.com/sigismundnew.html

As for body replacers for females, I agree with just going for HGEC, Roberts, and vanilla. I imagine some would be willing to do conversions for other body types later if it was desperately wanted.

Here's a good site for gathering more ideas: http://www.renaissancemodel.com/

Good luck! I really hope something comes of this. :smile:

So much to choose from :) Both of the linked sites are great resources for picking "a look" and starting to try to recreate it. All we need now is a bored mesh creater :) <starts to lay out bait and a trap>

Wow! I support this project wholeheartedly!

Did I you ever tell you guys why i hate the "Request" Categorie so much? Because People think things grow on trees like apples.

You wanna support this? Fine, donate some money that somebody can hire a 3D-Artist to do this. We can't buy anything by mouse clicks. Even its just a 3d model, someone must work for that.

All we need now is a bored mesh creater

I watch these modding scene for oblivion since nearly 3 years and there is no freaking way that someone accomplish your desires just because hes bored.

Edited by Utyran

Wow! I support this project wholeheartedly!

Did I you ever tell you guys why i hate the "Request" Categorie so much? Because People think things grow on trees like apples.

You wanna support this? Fine, donate some money that somebody can hire a 3D-Artist to do this. We can't buy anything by mouse clicks. Even its just a 3d model, someone must work for that.

I watch these modding scene for oblivion since nearly 3 years and there is no freaking way that someone accomplish your desires just because hes bored.

I am actuallly really bored right now and I have some time to make something. Which clothing/armor is really wanted the most?

Well, you've never met me then. Pretty much every request I do is because I'm bored.

I'd like to see more clothing that "fits in" with Oblivion's medieval-like style, so I'm happy to see that someone will do this (or at least, one of them :P)

I'll give the OP a day or so to respond with their choice of outfit from one of the pages we linked (or something different entirely), is no response I'll pick one just to get the ball rolling.

I am actuallly really bored right now and I have some time to make something. Which clothing/armor is really wanted the most?

I think there is plenty of retexture vanilla stock already, especially robes.

Just retextures sucks meanwhile. It could be easy to convert a vanilla robe into this Gambeson/Akteon.

Robe Robe backuppic

Just short the arms and skirt and remove what its red. Past a neckpart and some lower class clothing arms into it and its done. But lolita BS seams to be more important for an fantasy game.

Working step 2

ST2 Backup (advertising popup inc)

Thats all... that would be all.

Do you think you can make it that way to get that multi-purpose Mesh? There would be no need to creat a complet new one.