Is there a way to automatically enable mods on Fallout 4?

cadegorawrz

Every-time I launch Fallout 4 I have to go into the mods menu and enable each mod. Tried it both with and without NMM. It gets pretty annoying when you have a lot of mods though.

I suggest not using the Beth mod manager at all, unless you need to install/update/uninstall from Beth due to author exclusivity. NMM can enable/disable just fine.

If your mods won't stay on, your plugins.txt is probably set to read only. Ignore anything that tells you to set files to read only and just let NMM (and LOOT) edit files freely. Don't even set your Fallout4.ini to read only, use Fallout4Custom.ini for any ini settings you need. Go to /AppData/Local/Fallout4/, delete plugins.txt, then open NMM and reenable your mods. When you start the game, do not open the mod menu.

I think you also probably could try running NMM in admin mode, I don't know if that's needed since it's not editing anything in Program Files.

Also, one more thing, using F4SE skips the default launcher, since I recall some complaints that the default launcher also messes with enabled mods. Installing and using F4SE even if you don't need it may also help keep mods enabled.

I have a rather unique problem: whenever I launch FO4, it loads my mods but not all of them, e.g. it loads concealed armors but nothing NSFW like CBBE. I already checked my plugins but for some mods, which I installed, there are no plugins to check.

Ok I know it can be a pain to do so but you might have to do it. First if you did install any mods using Bethesda.net then delete those mods. Then you will want to deactivate/uninstall each mod using NMM. If you don't understand how to do so then go into NMM's mod screen. Right click on a mod and select Uninstall or delete and then select from active profile. Don't select delete mod unless you want to completely delete and uninstall it. Do this for each mod. Then I suggest that you maybe launch a game, do a save and then quit. Go back into NMM and select and activate each mod by selecting the mod and clicking the green checkmark. The mods will then get re-installed. Also any mods you may have deleted that were installed with Bethesda.net you will need to find on Nexus and re-install using NMM. Then see if they are all active and remain active. Again this can be time consuming and a pain but it's probably the cleanest way to do it. Also BTW make sure that you use NMM 0.61.23 which is the latest release.

Also just a note. As you activate the mods do just a few at a time and try the game to see if what was activated is actually working. That way if you run into a problem you will have a better idea as to which mods are giving you issues.

Also any mods you may have deleted that were installed with Bethesda.net you will need to find on Nexus and re-install using NMM.

I alluded to this in my earlier post, but some authors exclusively host on Beth. Ingame mod handling is buggy and awkward but don't discount it completely. If the ingame manager has to be used, use it first then use NMM. Anything the game does to plugins.txt will be safely overwritten by NMM and plugins.txt will be left alone as long as the ingame manager is not reopened. Again, skipping the game's launcher is also suggested if problems continue.

Edit your plugins.txt manualy to include both bethesda.net and nexus mods. Save it and set as Read-only. Next time don't log into beth account unless you need to download something. Back in the day when there were some interesting skyrim quest mods on steam workshop (which you couldn't get anywhere else) I would just download them >> copy .esp somewhere safe >> unsubscribe from workshop >> copy paste .esp to Data and let NMM handle it.

• 1 year later...