Ione and other locations from "The Infernal City"

Saeta44

Alright, my third "where is it?" thread of the day (I've been compiling all of this stuff for a few weeks now and may end up making some of the mods I'm proposing here if I get any better at scripting). Here goes:

The "Lost City" of Sutch gets a lot of attention because it and County Sutch showed up in early videos for Oblivion (well, they're just on the map, but still). There are a few more locations in Cyrodiil, covered in lore, which also are not present in Oblivion, though to be fair nearly all of them come from the recent novel, "The Infernal City."

-Ione, a village in the Forth Era which sprung up after soldiers set up temporary buildings and barracades near an Oblivion gate during the Oblivion Crisis just after the Hero of Kvatch closed the gate near that city. Inspired by the Hero of Kvatch, Captain Ione led a small group of Legion soldiers and area farmers into the fray and, at long last, a Bosmer in that party closed the gate at the cost of his health and sanity. These barricades and temporary shelters should be a part of Oblivion now that we know about them, and perhaps you, as the Hero of Kvatch, could help to establish the town of Ione after the gate has closed (lore doesn't indicate that the player was at all involved in closing this particular gate). Should be near Pell's Gate, to the south, located near a large hill where a hunting lodge will, eventually, be built (or did the lodge already exist there, with the Oblivion Gate opening up at the Legion temporary encampment just below it?). Anyway, while the Legion camp should already be present there, the Closed Gate (and Caption Ione's absence from the camp) should occur at a set time following the closing of the Gate at Kvatch, to keep with established lore and to also make this Ione mod compatible with mods which allow you to play the game before the Oblivion Crisis begins.

-The Undertow, a tavern in Anvil.

-Lank Fellow Inn, a tavern in Chorrol

-The Gaping Frog, a tavern in Water's Edge, near Leyawiin

-The Crown's Hammer, a tavern in the Imperial City's Market District

-Mir Corrup, a city in Cyrodiil supposedly famous for its hot springs. *May* have been renamed, becoming one of the cities we already know of by the time the Oblivion Crisis rolls around. See "Book Five of 2920, The Last Year of the First Era," "A Dance in the Fire," and "Palla." This city is, technically, already accounted for, if you consider the mod "Integration: the Stranded Light."

Just a few things to consider. :D

• 8 years later...