FWE - Removing "perk" based system for skill books?

AncientGamer65

I run FWE and love it, but I have one problem...the Skill Book system that gives perks rather than points.

Simply put, this randomly crashes my game.

Nothing like being out in the wastes for hours, forgetting to save here and there, then picking up a Skill Book and realizing that I'm one book away from that perk, reading the book...and the game crashes. :( It seems to happen mostly late game, and mostly when I've read enough books to award a perk. The problem is so frustrating that I now think of Skill Books as "Kill Books" as it's always dicey for me to read one. :/

It's also annoying to me that practically everything in FWE is customizable to your wants and needs...EXCEPT for the Skill Book system. :/

Is there a way to revert FWE to giving points from Skill Books rather than perks?

Yah, there prolly IS a way to do it...I've changed a LOT that FWE does, really. You can't customize the Unique weapons via WMK because they use their own special meshes and textures, but I've returned the ones I dislike back to their original form and overwrote them with other mods (except Vengeance...no one's really done a new look for that one I like, sadly) and I've returned a lot of the values it changes back to vanilla (health of the Stealth Suit, clip size and damage of the Gatling Lasers, just to name a couple), but I can see where this would be a BIG change.

The whole perk system would have to be removed and that doesn't seem like it would be an easy task...especially for a middle-skill-level modder like m'self, hence my asking. It was a dick move of them to make this a non-choice when the rest of the mod is VERY choice-based, in my opinion. :/ Unless it was ultimately necessary, I think most players would have preferred the ability to choose. (shrugs shoulders)

Thanks for replying, hope to hear from more of you all. :)

• 2 years later...

I run FWE and love it, but I have one problem...the Skill Book system that gives perks rather than points.

Simply put, this randomly crashes my game.

Nothing like being out in the wastes for hours, forgetting to save here and there, then picking up a Skill Book and realizing that I'm one book away from that perk, reading the book...and the game crashes. :sad: It seems to happen mostly late game, and mostly when I've read enough books to award a perk. The problem is so frustrating that I now think of Skill Books as "Kill Books" as it's always dicey for me to read one. :/

It's also annoying to me that practically everything in FWE is customizable to your wants and needs...EXCEPT for the Skill Book system. :/

Is there a way to revert FWE to giving points from Skill Books rather than perks?

Load up Fwe.esp > go to items > Book > Clutter > Junk - Select each skill book and set script to None and then set the below field to teach the corresponding skill.

• 1 year later...

Load up Fwe.esp > go to items > Book > Clutter > Junk - Select each skill book and set script to None and then set the below field to teach the corresponding skill.

i cant seem to load mine to GECK, when i tried to install FWE, is had to come with Caliber and Craft. All 3 are master files and cant open together. I could not load just the FWE.esp with FWE as parent master. Please help.