Problems downloading

theme1256

So I've been having some problems downloading mods from the site, but have run into a problem.

I know a lot of people are having problems downloading the the site, and I am able to bring some new information regarding the issue.

Here is the thing:

When I'm at home, I'm not able to download from the site. The browser is unable to connect to the server at http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com and fails. This happens in Chrome, Firefox and Edge, and on different machines.

BUT when I open a VPN connection to anywhere I'm able to download again, on the same machine in the same browser.

AND when I go to another network, eg. at my parents house, it also works, both with and without the VPN

This lead me to believe that it's my router that is blocking the trafic, given that I can't even ping http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com.

So for a quick fix I've been using a VPN, but that is not a stable solution.

Is there any admin of the site who can tell me why my router is blocking your server?

I know that the server is hosted at cds.n2x4r7s4.hwcdn.net, so why might that server be blocked?

So, now I have a solution.... that didn't take long, lol.

For the Noobs out there, whom have never work with networking:

Use a VPN!

It's the easiest solution if you don't know what you are doing!

For the guys who have an idea about how to configure their router here is what you have to do:

You have to whitelist the IP 69.16.175.42

It's the IP that hosts the file-delivery server and apparently someone at some point user the same server to distribute malware or some other malicious software

So Nexusmods... Please, don't use that server any more.

I was using PfSense so for me it was easy to just add the exception for the IP in my firewall.

It might also be the local firewall on the computer, don't know, because I don't use one, please tell me if it works for you, but given the amount of people it works for I don't think that will do the trick.

Again, Nexusmods... Please, don't use that server any more.