[WIP] The Daedra Race Mod: Become a Daedric Prince!

Govilku

The Daedra Mod

A modification for Skyrim

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75753/?

Version 0.0777

This is my first mod that I'm deciding to release once I have the features put together. For an easier read I've broken down what you need to know:

What does this mod do?

The mod does much more than just adds a new race. It uses Dremora assets as a base but does not replace them. What you have here is a unique, lore-friendly race that comes equipped with several scripted spells, abilities, and superior gameplay for those seeking a more interesting play-through instead of prancing around saving the world. You will be able to travel to your first original plane of oblivion entitled the "Jaws of Oblivion" -basically purgatory. This is the level where you obtain your familiarity with Oblivion as a character and learn your first set of powers.

What are it's features?

You can customize your own Daedric Prince through a variety of options and summon Daedric minions of varying ranks (Churl, Caitiff, etc..), and varying roles (Mage, Archer, Warrior). Your Daedric Prince will gain power as you wreak havoc across Tamriel. You can Summon a full suit of Daedric Armor (Thats right Summon it) and Open the dormant gates of Oblivion that has been sealed shut in the 3rd Era. I plan to add a feature to enslave NPCs and add them to your very own Plane of Oblivion! You gain these powers through "Energy Veils" that have been set up in the Oblivion planes. The first few are free, the next few will require diligence.. Not a problem for a Daedric Prince!

How long will it take?

There's no time frame I'm setting for this but progress is coming fast, I've gotten pretty good at this stuff and I'm currently making models for the Oblivion Planes and Gates to Oblivion. For now This page will be a placeholder for something that will get much bigger in due time. Enjoy this play-test video if you care:

Test Videos

Older Versions

Conjuration Spells, Summoned Armor Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9GBySBTDSI&feature=youtu.be

Oblivion Gates!

https://youtu.be/WV9M_dGhQi8

Plane of Oblivion in action:

Current

Ye Olde Update List

Update 1

• Spawn-able Oblivion Gates! (Finally) Fixed the new spells, added some more. Working on Planes of Oblivion worldspaces.
  • Worldspace for the first gate generated! (Yay) Figuring out how to add the landscape and texture sets (Boo)
  • Adding Oblivion Architecture, Create-A-Oblivion feature coming soon!
  • Creating Oblivion Theme
  • Download Link Up!
  • Progression System In Place!
  • Videos up!
  • Need screenshots!

Update 2

• Finishing touches on oblivion realm. The spells must be gained through the progression system.
  • Progression system fixed (Unreleased however)
  • Basic Intro spells properly introduced. Will add to the progression system as I expand the oblivion plane.
  • Every Update will feature a new Oblivion Plane.
  • First Plane finally NavMeshed, LOD'd, scripted, and mapped.
  • Just need NPCs, dialogues, and quests and it's all set!

Update 3

• I'm baaacck! Lots of things introduced, Tree LODs, fixed summon spells, leveled spells, Quest Scripts, fixed map.
  • Polished Oblivion Realm.
  • Ready to start next Oblivion Realm.
  • Will probably begin modeling.
Edited by Govilku

• 4 months later...

Not sure whether the project is dead; but I'd like to say the idea and execution of this so far is brilliant and enjoyable, it really brings back the idea of becoming a Daedric Prince like in the Shivering Isles. If this is still being worked on, I'll be looking forwards to seeing how this goes and certainly recommending it to friends.

• 1 month later...

Not sure whether the project is dead; but I'd like to say the idea and execution of this so far is brilliant and enjoyable, it really brings back the idea of becoming a Daedric Prince like in the Shivering Isles. If this is still being worked on, I'll be looking forwards to seeing how this goes and certainly recommending it to friends.

:D Thanks! I'm really trying to turn this into a AAA kind of quest mod. Something that feels like it belongs in the game. I've got some really innovative Lore-Friendly ideas I want to try out. Keep an eye out!