• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Nunuxx

Nunuxx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Please help. I cannot identify which mod is causing a "VM is freezing" & "VM is frozen". Below is my load order and my Papyrus.0.log :

Spoiler

Spoiler

Surilindur

Surilindur

merry within reason

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

This

[05/15/2016 - 05:33:10PM] VM is freezing...
[05/15/2016 - 05:33:10PM] VM is frozen
[05/15/2016 - 05:33:11PM] Saving game...
[05/15/2016 - 05:33:11PM] VM is thawing...

means that the Papyrus VM (VM meaning virtual machine, most likely) is freezing, then thawing again. It is most likely related to you stopping the game when saving it (Papyrus VM freezing), after which the game is resumed (Papyrus VM thawing). As for your Papyrus log, it will most likely not hold any information whatsoever about what caused your CTD. You should not even have Papyrus logging enabled, unless you are trying to debug some scripts. If you are not in the process of scripting with Papyrus, you should disable all logging. If you are trying to debug scripts you are working with, there should be more info here: http://www.creationk..._Runtime_Errors

Hopefully that helps a little.

Edited by Contrathetix, 15 May 2016 - 11:10 AM.

gamefever

gamefever

Resident poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts

100% what Contrathetix just said.

The idea that the Papyrus Log was ever a Crash Detector was a horrible injustice on the modding scene which plagued us long time users for years trying to explain to new modders that its for debugging scripts not identifying a mod that caused a crash.

The idea itself got enormously popular due to a rather vocal but ignorant group that had super threads with rampant claims of proof that it could indeed detect or identify the cause.

No amount of explaining what the logs were actually saying could undo the damage....We even had a Bethsada Employee that worked in Papyrus explain on Bethsada Forums what Papyrus was for and he went into detail how adjusting INI values to alter the performance of Papyrus was actually causing the game to CTD even more...

Needless to say that thread and the memory of that action on Bethsada's part has almost nearly been forgotten.

I often think that the only reason why we don't have to deal with the issues caused by this popular belief is that the individuals that perpetuated it lost interest in the modding scene for Skyrim...Of course there's Fallout 4.....and now an then we see people return but they come back one at a time now instead of in droves.

Edited by gamefever, 16 May 2016 - 02:05 AM.

Groovtama

Groovtama

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,655 posts

Freezing -> Opening menu, halting engine

Frozen -> Menu opened, engine halted

Thawing -> Menu closed, resume

That is what that sequence means in general.

angelfire1994

angelfire1994

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

so the solution is disable logging again?

Legwon

Legwon

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

i think the question is, why do you have logging enabled??
 it is NOT for trouble shooting the game... it is to help mod builders debug their mod

victorssd2

victorssd2

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

tf am i saposed to do then

WiecznySilver

WiecznySilver

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

tf am i saposed to do then

nothing  :pirate:  we cannot escape our destiny. skyrim is %90 coping and %10 playing

Madskyrimfan1

Madskyrimfan1

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 1 posts

Wow, This Thread is worthless.

JIYONTEKUZA

JIYONTEKUZA

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Much experimentation on my part, both on my water-cooled Cyber Power 880 and my X Box One S and X box One X, has convinced me that Microsoft's vanity project to make everything 4K and 1440p is the cause of most problems.

I suspect that the 4K and 1440p processing occurs even if the resolution is set to 1080p, and then is down-scaled. (Sounds like something the ones who rammed all of the FO4 Creation Club mods into everyone's machine with a fee to unlock them would do.)

My main evidence for this is before 4K/1440p, I could run 145 mods with a 5 second loading time into Dragon's Reach. 4K slowed that to 20 seconds, whether I played in 1080p or 4k. After 1440p, I got CTD upon attempting to enter DR, unless I got rid of more than half my mods.

If a straight-up 1080p version of Skyrim was available, it would probably avoid most problems. I intend to go back to the X Box One S and load an ancient disc of SSE off-line, load mods straight from Beth.net, and keep the game totally off-line, to avoid getting stuffed with the 4K/1440p "update."

Edited by JIYONTEKUZA, 17 April 2021 - 10:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, ctd, vm, freezing, frozen, papyrus, log

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.235 seconds