Where will the next Fallout be?

jukehero461

A simple question, but I'm new to forums and haven't found another topic focusing only on this.

Where do you think we are headed next? Nevermind gameplay.

I assume we will stay in the US. The Vaults are only in the US as far as I know.

Feel free to choose anywhere, this is speculation only. Where would YOU like to see it?

Possible Places:

Chicago: An audio log from good old ED-E said that there was an Enclave outpost in Chicago? Seems like a good idea. Huge buildings, and the Legion I think may be set up in the Midwest, so we can see where that goes.

New Orleans: We got a taste of swampland from Point Lookout, and I think it could be VERY interesting. Can you imagine a fight on an old steamboat, or joining in a post-apocolyptic Mardi Gras? I think it could have a ton of potential.

New York: A fortress in the Empire State building. Skyways between skyscrapers. An Enclave outpost in the Statue of Liberty. Nuff' said. There would be far less "outside" to this, I think. It would be mostly urban, which could be an interesting change... Specially if, with the new engine from Skyrim, they added flying horrors above New York. That would be fun to try to survive in!

California, Take 3: Could go back to see what is going on in the NCR, but I can't think of many conflicts in NCR. Maye a revolution of some kind...

The Great Plains: All sort of mutated animals out here. Would probably not be bombed too hard. Also the Legion makes camp out here yeah? So there could be a lot of... interesting times.

The biggest problem I see is that since the ending of New Vegas is so open-ended, how will that change new games and locations? Keep this in mind.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that the canon ending is the player helping the NCR. The legion would be too powerful for new games if you help the legion, Mr. House would pretty much unite the world and have no need for any new games, and Yes Man would be like legion.

I see the NCR as the canon ending, so I assume if the game takes place after that it will be with the player helping the NCR.

However if it takes place far away from vegas it might just ignore the storyline since the news wouldn't travel.

I can't see Chicago as a main location since it would be too much like the pitt. Having a entire fallout game like the pitt is a bit meh.

I think a good possibility is that the next game will take place in New York assuming it didn't completely get bombed.

I would like to see fallout in Canada or another country. I want to see fallout in a society that is already formed and strong. Not like the NCR, something more advanced then the NCR.

A fallout game that has a society already built. This is what I expected from New Vegas, but it didn't do that.

Fallout set in a huge city would be friggin golden for me.

Chicago, New York, even the cities in Florida would be amazing. This would take a lot more time to develop though, as creating a city is never easy :confused: If a city isn't possible, my next bet would be a jungle somewhere. Maybe even the Everglades or something. Not sure, but I'm hoping for a city.

I really like the Canada idea, and not just because I'm a hoser myself. Would be an interesting setting and the annexation thing could set up some nice storylines. Long forgotten pockets of revolutionaries, festering bitterness, maybe even The Great Ones - a King-like faction that worships the memory of Wayne Gretzky :tongue:

As much as it pains me to say it :P , Toronto would be the most obvious big city choice but Montreal and Vancouver might be cool too. Vancouver would be pretty cool scenery wise with oceans and mountains both really close.

Fallout set in a huge city would be friggin golden for me.

Chicago, New York, even the cities in Florida would be amazing. This would take a lot more time to develop though, as creating a city is never easy :confused: If a city isn't possible, my next bet would be a jungle somewhere. Maybe even the Everglades or something. Not sure, but I'm hoping for a city.

I keep having nightmares about a massively expanded DC metro line that would result from a big city being the center of the game. I really hope they avoid that. It would be too claustrophobic and maze like.

i would like some mazes and some more underground exploring could place some nice uderground facillitlties and water currents and waterfalls underground

I really like the Canada idea, and not just because I'm a hoser myself. Would be an interesting setting and the annexation thing could set up some nice storylines. Long forgotten pockets of revolutionaries, festering bitterness, maybe even The Great Ones - a King-like faction that worships the memory of Wayne Gretzky :tongue:

As much as it pains me to say it :P , Toronto would be the most obvious big city choice but Montreal and Vancouver might be cool too. Vancouver would be pretty cool scenery wise with oceans and mountains both really close.

I like the Vancouver idea. great locale. Abosuletely against the NYC idea. Seriously, that whole city is probably a crater. I don't know if they've ever mentioned it but if I was nuking america, NYC would be pretty close to the top of my list.

I was thinking about this just the other day, I would love to see it set in Manhattan NYC. I really miss the urban feel of FO3 particularly with the famous landmarks. It would be fun to have arena fights in Madison Square Garden and to explore massive skyscrapers such as the Empire State building above not to mention the New York subway system below. You could explore Grand Central Station, Times Square, Ellis Island, Chinatown, Harlem, Central Park, so many possibilities. The map borders would be easily defined, just have the bridges out and tunnels closed. I feel that the short line of sight of the urban environment works better with the graphics capabilities that we have so far although I have my fingers crossed as far as the new engine. The vast wide open spaces of New Vegas look terrible and dont really work well with the current engine IMHO although the Jungle idea mentioned earlier or any less open environment would probably be an improvement. I definitely prefer a post apocalyptic story setting to be in the rubble and ruins of civilization.