Where will the next Fallout be?

jukehero461

Personally, as someone literally from 'the Old World', I'd like to see a Fallout game set in the European Commonwealth. Even a small addon or DLC would do. It just seems strange to have a huge information blackout on what's happening in the rest of the world!

Some big European city like London or Rome would make an interesting change in terms of scenery and architecture, probably music as well. This quote from the Vault wiki shows that J. E. Sawyer would be up for it too;

A prequel to the Fallout series, Fallout: Resource Wars, set in a collapsing Europe (during the European Commonwealth's invasion of the Middle East), is one of the games that J.E. Sawyer would like to make if he could do any game, regardless of money and development time.

It sounds like a good way of getting some perspective on life before the bombs in other parts of the world, and maybe giving the developers a chance to explore ideas other than NCR/Enclave and [insert ruined US city here].

I think a prequel would fail terribly.

It would probably end up being a linear third person shooter or something.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually like to see the next one in the North East USA.

Maybe some real time weather like snow in winter and rain in summer.

Add some new creatures, cyborgs, cybernetic animals, animal/human hybrids etc. and no radscorpions/deathclaws because of the cold, or have new mutations of them.

Then for DLC addons you could have

Massachusetts - The institute a place where you can get cybernetic upgrades. OWB type with less crazy and more diabolical

Maine (Steven King reference) a mad doctor that is creating new creatures mixing animals using FEV to create better ones. Actually that sounds more like the island of DR Moreau.

NY city a place that Chinese Remnants have gone back to their motherland roots and are now trying to take over America. Stealth suits, new weapons/armors.

A part of Canada where we see the true devastation of the old world government, slavery is rampant.

Just some thoughts.

• 5 weeks later...
The big D baby. Seriously motown would be an awesome setting, Michigan could be in a sort of perma frost, the displaced auto works have created this huge mechanized city, the big 3 battle for control over the region, the possibility for vehicles and a whole new crafting system. Maybe have a waterworld like civilization in the great lakes, people who isolate themselves from the mutants of the mainland on giant floating citys. The list goes on and on.

Chicago is referenced in both FO3 and NV... ? that's my bet

maybe a return to the DC area... you know, to see how society there has grown or evolved since the Waserland Wanderer brought the Waters of Life (man i miss 3 Dog! "what's a disc? Hell if i know!") or the expansion of DC's influence into one of the surrounding Commonwealths of either: New England, Eastern, East Central, South East.

assuming the Commonwealth is Boston ora combination of the two Commonwealths of New England and Eastern

some points:

1. Canada would not appeal to most Americans, it would be "un-american" as it would offer an interesting perspective, a previously annexed society and their hate for the assholes who brought on the nuclear fallout, Fox News Republicans would have a field day !

Montreal would be wicked... it is after all an island in the middle of a river

also could explain the lore of the hockey masks

2. NYC should be the eastcoast Boneyard, litterally wiped of the map... you'd think so anyways. Also NYC is nothing but city, it would probably be like DC, in the sense that you'd always want more urban ruins, there would never be enough i.e. behind Rivet City, so much of DC left to explore !

3. San Fransisco was done in FO2

Finally, i would like to see FO4 go to one of the 13 Commonwealths not already explored 4 have been done or are indirectly involved as in NV i.e. Southwest (FO1, FO2, NV) Four States and Texas (Legion Territory), and Columbia (FO3).

I actually think Alaska should be the next scene. Think about it, giant ass war up north Chinese and American tech lying all around, Nuclear winter in a place that already has a badass winter. They could have so much potential there. Would be fun, and a hardcore affect would probably be hypothermia.