Mods installed and enabled via NMM, but not showing up ingame

Testosterpwned

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried every solution I have found for this failure to load content and nothing has worked. My guns still fail to spit lead(bullet physics rework mod), Dogmeat is still organic, and my character still has pink firstperson hands and a missing 3rdperson body/hands with vanilla vault suit. All this is on a brand new character and fresh install of the game.

I have spent two days googling around for this. Since people keep posting the whole asterix fix and ini file tweaks we keep telling them we have already done, here's the tl;dr list of what I have done-

1) Verified plugins file has asterix before each file

2) Verified both the prefs and custom inis are done correctly

3) Verified that all of the mods are checked in NMM

4) Yes, everything worked fine after 1.5, only went wonky after I installed Far Harbor

5) Have the current FO4SE and NMM, and all mods are as up to date as they can be considering

6) Verified integrity of cache

7) Waved a chicken's foot at it while dancing about chanting pasta recipes in reverse Latin.

So, basically, either the current version of FO4SE or Far Harbor borked the game, because those are the only two changes from when it worked to when it stops recognizing any mods in-game. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Breandan

UPDATE!

Apparently, Bethesda coded the game through Far Harbor and possibly the most recent update so that you HAVE to have a bethesda.net account, HAVE to log into it through the Mods tab in the game's main menu, and enable all of your mods EVERY SINGLE TIME you load from a saved game. Now, I refuse to get a bethnet account and jump through these hoops and deleted the bleeping game in anger at this, so I have not been able to test it personally. However, that is what hours of googling and asking people who have troubleshot this has netted as the most likely cause. Personally, I am furious about this, but that's me. I wasted money on a DLC that has made my game effectively unplayable with mods unless I either A) use their select mods, or B ) spend ten minutes enabling over 140 mods every single time I load a saved game. To Hades in a rocket sled with that, I'll play something else till they un-bugger this.

UPDATE!

Apparently, Bethesda coded the game through Far Harbor and possibly the most recent update so that you HAVE to have a bethesda.net account, HAVE to log into it through the Mods tab in the game's main menu, and enable all of your mods EVERY SINGLE TIME you load from a saved game. Now, I refuse to get a bethnet account and jump through these hoops and deleted the bleeping game in anger at this, so I have not been able to test it personally. However, that is what hours of googling and asking people who have troubleshot this has netted as the most likely cause. Personally, I am furious about this, but that's me. I wasted money on a DLC that has made my game effectively unplayable with mods unless I either A) use their select mods, or B ) spend ten minutes enabling over 140 mods every single time I load a saved game. To Hades in a rocket sled with that, I'll play something else till they un-bugger this.

Well s#*!.

UPDATE!

i was so excited to start modding and beth just took a massive dump on that. f*#@ing lovely.

Okay..So... The only thing I see as inaccurate here, is that the game is re-coded through the DLC and THAT is the problem.. I have been using NMM and took a break for a while.. (few months ago) I got back on, without ever getting DLC... CBBE wasnt working, my raider overhaul skelly suit was invisible, and all my other texture mods went to s#*!... From what I have found, there seems to be an error with NMM installing meshes,textures, and materials.. THOSE posts were right.. They create a folder, but no files within... ALSO.. Dragging (or unzipping) and dropping the mods correctly mnually into these folders ALSO does nothing. ALL my mods were fine -pre NMM/fallout update. Bethesda, you needa piss off if your trying to lock people into JUST doing it your way, and see that we the people are tired of a faling operating paradigm. You DONT need to capitalize on people to make a sufficient, and even abundant ammount of cash.. Seriously. ALL things seem to point to it being on them. Nmm just says where to put s#*!.. BUT.. I mean.. If ya gotta move s#*! around to develope, and are trying to embrace the modding community, a little inside info between partners cant hurt at all.. Woulda saved a lotta people from just straight up saying "fck it" Anywho.. Been working on this for days, as the Jarl has, through deductive reasoning.. And nothing.. Just not enough people testing and posting sharing insight yet. But I'd be more than happy to hop aboard and figure this out with you guys today.. I got my caffeine.. Feel free to inbox me man. GL out there guys.

I have all the updates for the game and latest version of NMM. My problems started when the latest update for Fallout 4 downloaded.

All my mods were working perfectly prior to this. But now? Here is what I discovered.

Recently I decided to reinstall a mod for Kate and the other character ( it makes them nude) but decided to reverse this mod activation. I then decided that I wanted it back and reactivated it in NMM. Or so I thought. I also did the same thing to another Mod in NMM.

Neither mod will now work in game. All the mods that were in NMM prior to this new update and not subsequently changed by me are working as if nothing happened. The ones I have loaded or reactivated since will not work. Whatever is causing this has a commonality that affects any mod that you change or reinstall.

One other item. It shows in NMM that I am not logged into Nexus, yet I am. When I try to enter the name and password it will no longer take it. In checking with Nexus I found that I am still good as far as the website goes but it is NMM that thinks I am not logged in and therefore cannot use NMM.

I dont' know if I made this clear and, if not, let me know and I will expand.

One more thing. I have not downloaded Far Harbor so that is not the cause of my problems unless of course the last update for Fallout4 added code to allow the Far Harbor to connect.

I hope that this helps so someone can figure out what the cause is and can fix it for all of us.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by Numbnumb

1) You don't have to log into Bethesda.net every single time you load the game. You do that once and that's it because the game stores your login credentials. Furthermore, a lot of people don't have a Beth.net account and they don't have any issues with mods so something else is not working right.

2) NMM will only show you as logged in once you download a mod from the Nexus, endorse a mod or search for updates/get missing mod IDs. Starting NMM and having it open without doing any of these things will show you as not logged in which is correct because a constant connection to the Nexus is not required.

3) A lot of the time it turns out that people are simply using an older version of NMM. Updating to the latest one, 0.61.23, fixed it for most.

4) If you start the game via Steam and not NMM or the F4SE loader, chances are high that your ini files get reset, so any changes to the ini that enable modding might get removed. This doesn't happen to everyone but it happens to some people.

5) If Steam is installed in C:\Program Files(x86), there is a big chance that this is the problem. That's basically a protected environment so any changes NMM, Mod Organizer 2 or whatever you use might not even fire because Windows doesn't like tempering in that folder and its subfolders. You'll not get an error message, it simply won't work. Again, this doesn't happen to everyone but moving Steam, or the Steam Library to a different harddrive or just outside Program Files might fix a lot of issues.

6) ini changes to enable modding should only be done to the Fallout4Custom.ini, that's what it's there for. The [archive] part of your Fallout4.ini should not be touched.

7) Some people have reported that disabling all mods in NMM and then enabling them again fixed it for them, so there's another thing to try.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, it's just a "compilation" of things that can cause issues with enabling and using mods.

Hey so when I install my mods through NMM the files are installed into data folder and many sub folders are created that were not their previously. For example materials, meshes, tools, and textures. What i find strange is that when i installed the game all those files were compressed into BA2 files and are all located directly in the data folder. My question is has that always been how the game files were installed or have they changed it and NMM hasn't been able to install my mods because there is nothing there to mod in the materials, meshes, tools, and textures files.