Mods installed and enabled via NMM, but not showing up ingame

Testosterpwned

blah blah blah

**EDIT**

Hey guys! I finally figured it out, or at least what the issue was for me...

In my Custom ini I had some text that went above the required lines saying [Display] X = 0 Y = 1 or something like that and I got rid of it and just left the [Archive] lines and now it works...

LOL!

I am going to try this and see if it works for me. Will report back once I try it out. (Waiting on the High Res Texture to Download)

Edit:

This did not work for me. Nothing I seem to try makes the mods load in.

I don't know what changed in the 6-7 months I stopped playing modded fo4 but its gone to s*** for sure.

Chronicles of a desperate man attempting to fix this:

I did however notice that there was a "Mods" folder in the FO4 directory. It was empty, maybe for some stupid reason

we need to make sure NMM downloads the mods into that folder. (NMM also uses a "Mods" folder to store mods)

This makes no sense to me, but hell it doesn't make sense to me why the mods are not working. Therefore I am going

to try moving my mods there and see what happens...I guess.

Update 1, this of course did nothing. Same problem. By the way, I am using a hair mod to easily tell if the mods are being loaded. Pick one of the hair styles while the mods arn't being loaded properly and you will be bald.

So this is the next steps to test a single mod with the script extender (kinda useless without it so i will not be using the base game launcher)

1. Uninstall All the Mods with NMM, I do this by right clicking and selecting remove from active profile under one of the options there.

2. Install Commonwealth Cuts, easy to see it in the load order and it wont work at all if the meshes/textures/ect arnt loaded correctly.

3. Start a new game.

Result? It works. I did nothing different. I edited my custom ini the way everyone who has modded before would do it. Nothing fancy. I didn't delete any part. Just edited the custom ini and added the 2 lines. (Look at another post for those lines).

So. I guess here is my suggestion to get things working if you are having this problem;

[YOU CAN START READING HERE IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MY RAMBLING]

1. Fresh install of the game. Just do it. (No No No, Stop thinking you are good, cus you arn't) UNINSTALL/REINSTALL.

(1.5, Launch the game once. Make edits to ini. Google it.)

2. Download Fallout 4 Script Extender, Install said script extender.

3. Launch the game with the script extender.

4. Get NMM. Download ONE MOD. (Commonwealth Cuts is easy to test.)

5. Install that mod.

6. Launch the game with the script extender. Change to a female and scroll up the hair styles until you see a bunch of non-default styles OR a bunch of bald styles. If they are bald, your game isnt loading the mod correctly. So remove the mod from NMM active profile. (Right Click, Hover over "Uninstall or Delete" then pick removed from active profile.) and try to reinstall it.

Edited by kylemcqueen75

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Got this problem myself. The mdos are installed in NMM, but when I decide to load my save, it says the mods are missing. ALL 200 OF THEM. I reinstalled the game, removed the mods, made a new save, new char and all, no mods, went through Vault 111 and into Sanctuary, talked to the Cod, then saved and reinstalled all mods. THEY'RE STILL MISSING, and loading a mod-free save causes a crash with mods enabled. Going to delete everything either way though, my Windows 7 has been sabotaged or malwared to hell, there are no errors anymore, lol

Going Win10, wish me luck. I'll need it...

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty new to modding and PC gaming. I've always wanted to play FO4 with a bunch of settlement mods and whatnot. I have the latest version of NMM, and have installed about 10 mods, and none of them are working. I've gone through all of the .ini files and changed what I read I was supposed to change, and nothing. I downloaded FO4 once before on my computers main hard-drive but uninstalled it because of space and now I have a 4tb external drive that I set up as my main, it's where all of my steamapps and NMM files are located. But after going through the internal drive and finding any steam or nexus or Fallout related item and moved it to the new drive, and nothing is changed. I loaded the game and went to see if anything worked and no luck.

I am new to this and have no idea what I'm really doing, all I know is to do what other people have done on YouTube. So any feedback in plain English would be nice

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is still dealing with this problem, I was able to fix it by running nmm as admin. Instead of it not copying files to the data folder, it places shortcuts to the files located in the nmm repo. I guess the engine can use the links to load up the necessary files on start-up, which is actually really great, since it saves a ton of disk-space!

But bottom line is you should always try running as admin before taking more extreme measures.

• 2 months later...

Well im having a issue where some mods work fine and others dont and i cant tell which are exactly. i did a fresh reinstall deleted anything that had too do with fo4 and then used the uninstall all active mods on nmm. ive been at this for hours now with the end result that some mods just refuse too show in game. there files are all in the correct folders and there plugins are good. they just simply dont work

• 2 months later...

Jesus Chirst this issue is pissing me off. I just tried playing Fallout 4 today with mods and none of them showed up in-game. My .ini file has been edited, and I am currently in the process of re-installing Fallout to see if that works. If anyone has a ROCK SOLID fix, please come forward with it.

• 1 month later...

Issue started after re-downloading the game, due to unknown purposes (everything was there, Steam didn't recognize anything).

After the download, it asked if I wanted to keep the old saves or download the cloud saves. (~1 min apart). I kept the old saves and things went downhill from there:

1- Excessively long loading time, only to end up freezing. Loading exit saves just made the program shut down.

2- After solving that problem, mods aren't working. Checked all 3 .ini's on the Documents folder, all correct. Before that re-download, everything was fine.

• 8 months later...

Guys, I got it to work...

I'm using Mod Organizer 2. The problem was in how the hook function works. I don't know if this will help you NMM guys, but all I had to do was use the ini editor tool in MO2 to change Fallout4Custom.ini in the program, rather than the file itself. The program was loading a default ini edit because it did not recognize the one I had altered. Once I changed it via the MO2 editor, all my mods loaded up perfectly, no sign in needed. I launched the game with F4SE. Dunno if anyone can find a similar process in NMM

Edited by mattmillze