Where can I download Wyrmstooth?

Draconzis

I recently decided to go about getting those quest mods I have been putting off on installing only to find that the second 'best' (according to various sources, only beaten by Falskaar) is gone. I found out about the whole thing with the mod author, and I can understand why he did all of that, but I still want to experience his work. Where can I possibly (safely) download the mod now?

NOTE: I have long since gotten Wyrmstooth and fixed my problems, this thread will remain for other people.

Also, you are not allowed to put links to a download on the forums, you can only do it via private message.

ALSO NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE THE DOWNLOAD LINK ANYMORE! You will have to get it from someone else in this forum.

Edited by Draconzis

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowhere. The author - jonx0r - has decided to remove the mod, that is his decision, and he had every right to do so. Should it happen that the mod be hosted elsewhere by other individuals, those other individuals have basically stolen the work of jonx0r and are redistributing it without permission unless specifically stated by jonx0r. And more than likely, that is exactly the case, and whoever has uploaded Wyrmstooth for redistribution has done so without permission. If not legally questionable, redistribution of Wyrmstooth is, at the very least, ethically questionable.

So no, unless jonx0r decides to reupload the mod, it cannot be acquired anymore. Should someone be about to post here links to some sites by a certain <snip> (to put it very mildly), I would recommend thinking twice before doing that, seeing how the individuals posting other people's mods without permission - sometimes even claiming that they are their own creation, when it is obvious they have stolen that mod - are purely demonstrating their own lack of morale and respect for other people's work.

Edit: Ooops. Everyone read the thread, and the link(s) posted by Draconzis, that might explain everything. Silly me, I should consider reading Reddit every now and then. :tongue:

Edited by Contrathetix

Nowhere. The author - jonx0r - has decided to remove the mod, that is his decision, and he had every right to do so. Should it happen that the mod be hosted elsewhere by other individuals, those other individuals have basically stolen the work of jonx0r and are redistributing it without permission unless specifically stated by jonx0r. And more than likely, that is exactly the case, and whoever has uploaded Wyrmstooth for redistribution has done so without permission. If not legally questionable, redistribution of Wyrmstooth is, at the very least, ethically questionable.

So no, unless jonx0r decides to reupload the mod, it cannot be acquired anymore. Should someone be about to post here links to some sites by a certain <snip> (to put it very mildly), I would recommend thinking twice before doing that, seeing how the individuals posting other people's mods without permission - sometimes even claiming that they are their own creation, when it is obvious they have stolen that mod - are purely demonstrating their own lack of morale and respect for other people's work.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if someone had saved his work somewhere so other people could enjoy it (giving credit, of course). After all, the only reason why he deleted everything was so he couldn't get to his mods, not so other people couldn't.

After all, the only reason why he deleted everything was so he couldn't get to his mods, not so other people couldn't.

Ah yeah? Did HE tell you so?

Has he told you why he removed his mods and that he doesn't mind if you redistribute them?

I apologize, I assumed everyone was aware of his Reddit post. His post is a response a few lines down.

After all, the only reason why he deleted everything was so he couldn't get to his mods, not so other people couldn't.

Has he told you why he removed his mods and that he doesn't mind if you redistribute them?

I apologize, I assumed everyone was aware of his Reddit post. His post is a response a few lines down.

Why would I know about that? This isn't reddit.

Please post a link to the comment in question. That thread has more than 350 comments. I'm not going to go digging through looking for the only one that is relevant to this discussion. (And also why do people do this? This is like the fifth time this has happened to me this week. For god's sake people, comments have their own addresses for a reason. Just send me where you want me to go instead of expecting me to waste my time perusing megathreads for the one sentence you think I should read.)

Edited by lofgren

Please post a link to the comment in question. That thread has more than 350 comments. I'm not going to go digging through looking for the only one that is relevant to this discussion. (And also why do people do this? This is like the fifth time this has happened to me this week. For god's sake people, comments have their own addresses for a reason. Just send me where you want me to go instead of expecting me to waste my time perusing megathreads for the one sentence you think I should read.)

Direct link to the author's comment.

This is the first I'd heard about it. It's sad, because I really enjoyed Wyrmtooth and would have recommended it to others, but I respect the mod author's decision.

I apologize for the trouble, I rarely use Reddit and have little idea how most of the stuff like that on their website works, and I also am sorry for assuming people would know about it. I assumed most people who were into the mod would keep up to date on it.