Script to change defence calculation.

Deleted1056177User

Hi guys,

Does anyone else feel like the way that the game calculates the defence rating for a settlement is a bit underwhelming? For example, if I have a guard with a pipe pistol he contributes the same (2 - 6) defence rating as a guard with a plasma rifle and super heavy combat armour, also Turrets contribute the same defence rating regardless of whether or not they are Mk.1 or Mk. 5, etc surely the more powerful turrets should contribute more.

Edit: Probably worth mentioning what it is I plan on doing.

I want to change the calculation/algorithm for increasing the settlement/workshop defence rating so that it takes into account the Weapon DPS and Armour Total of the Guard that has been assigned. It would calculate an average of these two values and divide it by a suitable number so that you don't suddenly have 300 defence from one NPC.

Turret defence rating would now increase by +2 per level to balance this the rocket/laser/nuke/etc turrets would need to have their defence ratings increased too (which makes sense since the rocket turret can kill almost all NPCs in the game in a few barrages). For the sake of balance though I would increase the resources required to build certain turrets.

Any help finding them would be appreciated thanks :smile:

Edited by Guest