Mounted Minigun

massigest

Oh man, this would be amazing. I would also like to see somekind of overheating system where it needs to stop firing for a few seconds to cool down. Another thing that could be cool is a high caliber weapon similar to the DSHK.

Yeah once this manages to get fixed (if it's even possible) I can already imagine people preparing an M2 or the DShK

armour penetration affects DT in the DT system brought about by a mod
I'd imagine some sort of addition like "ignore XYZ amount of DT" could be implemented, but at any rate a form of DT reduction does exist if one is using it ingame, and if one isn't, then one could buff the minigun to do like, 60% armour penetration regardless and the damage to about 15-20 easy

• 1 month later...

Sort of. The armour value still works, just isn't a flat DT, but isn't a flat DR like in FO3 either. It's really closer to a softened dt curve, instead of being an abrupt change around a value.

And armour penetration still works, even if in a slightly different way. Biggest change is that it's attached to the gun (or gun mod), not to the ammo.

So basically one could still give miniguns a base armour penetration, without needing any game engine changes. In fact, for my own use, all vertibird miniguns already have armour penetration.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thread rez!!! ;-)

Well, I just tried to do this...because why not?

Actually, I started out trying to get the pre-existing (but cut from final release) "MinigunMounted" working first.

And...

...yeah, that thing is broken beyond *my* capabilities.

Mostly works fine (I even had no issues with the animation that was referenced by a few others).

The main issue...

Entering the turret the first time works fine, second time it has either no ammo or is replaced by your current weapon.

I *think* what's happening is that when the player walks away from it, they take the minigun with them. This is evidenced by actually being able to see a settler that was manning it, now have a minigun after they exit the turret.

No amount of (my) script fooling could fix that.

Tried to switch out the actual gun for a vertibird model, non-playable version of the minigun, infinite ammo, quite a bit else.

Still breaks after first use (as it's now in your inventory).

*Sometimes*, it will work every *other* time. 3rd entry seems pretty consistant, 5th is iffy, etc.

...as if you are replacing atop the stand.

I'd bet someone better at this than I might have better luck, but I can't imagine I'm the first to try it, which reaffirms my belief that this will not an easy (as easy as anything else here is, I mean) fix...at all.

I did, however, have much better luck just cutting apart the vertibird.

Works well enough, except for the player still enters the turret by climbing up to it...even if it is ground level...really lame looking.

Also, while I got it snappable, nothing snaps to it once placed...but again, on initial placement or subsequent pick ups and re-place, snapping will connect it to whatever compatible snap point available works fine.

(I should note that I was trying to get it to work as a placeable guardpost'ish thing that had a base floor so it could attach to walls for such things as placing it on the second floor as a balcony type thing)

Anywho, as I said, while I'm sure I'm not the first to try it and won't be the last, someone may just well get it working with enough effort and time.

Point is, lots of time wasted, but good luck in the next attempt. =)

Oh wow a fair bit of progress at least...I wonder how the game handles the vertibird minigun then when you jump out...

Maybe the magic of a future version of F4SE will see mounted guns becoming a reality...maybe. I mean, someone made a F4SE plugin to jump out of the vertibird while still airborne, as was seen in the E3 demos.