The Chattering Scroll Players

myrmaad

Before we get down to the business of the Chattering Scroll, though,

Take a moment to review the RP Guide here. Be sure to review the issue of Power Posing. I'm not going to enforce setting unless it becomes a problem, but as far as the setting try to take your cue from one of the posts before yours, obviously.

Be generous with your fellow RPers so that we have fun and show them the high regard they deserve for contributing with their stories. :wub:

And now, dear Nexus Chatters, here is your thread for introducing your characters their backstory, history, chronicles, storylines, catchphrases, birth signs, screen caps etc adnauseum.

We will have another thread for hearing their tall tales and tragedies. See you at the Scroll, where you can tell your story.

This idea came about as a result of the following conversation:

myrmaad

If you were going to recreate the chat room as place in cyrodiil how would you populate it?

MOTOSXORPIO

myrm, Dante has to be a persistant as well as some of our regs

MikeRyan

make me odd and nord

myrmaad

We have the Lacey Sorceress, The Black Baron, a bleach based anime asian inspired character,

MOTOSXORPIO

(dante a guard faction or something with alarm distance of "infinity"

myrmaad

A waif with a lamp,

It spiraled forward from there with great exuberance and excitement and seems like a lot of fun so here we are.

Here are some of my favorite ideas so far:

MOTOSXORPIO

Grimm needs to be there too, myrm...big tank armored guy ready to slay baddies

MikeRyan

oh yeah and if you pickpocket grimm he should have a pie!

Corlan

Oh oh oh and me?

myrmaad

HIgh Elf Corlan carrying a giant tome

Corlan

Don't forget long Oscar Wildish hair!

Corlan

I want to preach Wilde's words all around Cyrodiil!

almostirish

Can the inn be on the banks of the waterfront, but away from the shacks?

Northlander

I think you mean "Ye Olde Nexuse Shacke"

Northlander

Sneaky Pete's House of Skooma

alpalia

inn name like (n'c's'r't') something like that ^^

micalov

The Stink Hole in Bravil

MikeRyan

mica thats all of bravil

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character Sheet : Myrmaad

Breton Mage, in her mid 40s, an older, time-weathered sage, though lithe and nimble and petite, misleading one to believe she is at least a decade younger. ( so cut it out with the hag business that was a joke).

Dry humor, but sensitive and caring once you get close to her and earn her trust, married to an Orc.

Birthsign The Ritual

Class: Though she had been trained in Archery from a child, she had spent most of her life as a Nightblade/Agent in the service of secret societies. On retirement she has spent her time indulging in her favorite hobby, the arts of magicka and alchemy.

Skills: As a young woman, she specialized in being charming and stealthy, high in acrobatics, and a sure shot with her bow. She has grown cantankerous and irreverent with age, and may not be quite as fast as in her youth, but she makes up for it with her worldly experience and good judgement.

She wears muted leathers in dark greys and browns, or black, she often wears a short cape over her shoulders under which she conceals a shoulder belt carrying her various tools and paraphernelia, a small dagger, and a couple of leather flasks and pouches. She usually prefers long pants and boots where she stashes another dagger for emergencies. You don't live as long as she has around here without keeping an equalizer or two handy.

She always carries her faithful bow, made for her and given as a gift from an artesan who has now passed from this world.

She rarely talks about her past, and when she does it is with resignation, better to dwell in the present.

I'm a Red guard bounty hunter ( custom character ) wearing full plate armor with Expertise in long blade. I use dwemer daito blade as my main trusty weapon. Style of battle focuses mainly on striking vital points of the opponents body for swift and efficient execution and dodging enemy blows.

My character has a low health triggered Adrenaline Rush for tense situations and is skilled athlete, so swimming, running and climbing for a long period doesn't pose a problem.

He is also experienced negotiator well versed in Etiquette, Mercantile and Streetwise skills, which come in handy when dealing with various folks of the realm, be it a simple beggar, a wealthy merchant and/or snob aristocracy.

To balance it a bit, he is restricted in usable weaponry, due to his narrow specialization and does not use magic at all with the possible exception of enchanted gear he has found, while adventuring in various strange places.

Edited by dannyfx1

Heh, the story of Michael Whitefang is actually pretty weird

He is a strong nord born into a clan of both werewolves and vampires (yeah some of them do get along fine) so he is both under the curse of vampirism and being a werewolf(and if you wonder, mom vampire and dad werewolf), but he is a daywalker (a vampire that can be in the sun, they exist but they are rare). Once he grew up he decided to head out on travels and ended up in Cyrodiil, and after a few months of traveling he decided to stay at the Chattering Scroll Inn after hearing from a local about their great food. Now he's looking for something to do so he wont be too bored.

For the moment he's mostly writing stories about his travels and trying to make the best sword for himself

Edited by MikeRyan

Multi-classed Arch-mage/Warrior partner. Spends idle time wandering the wilderness or in the Chattering Scroll. Moto escaped from the Imperial prison during Jagar Tharn's usurped reign. Sometimes claims to have thwarted Jagar's plans and toppled his rule. Moto tends to wear robes of an Archmage, but has an enchanted suit of Orcish armor and a Scimitar he claims to be self-aware. He also has a magical bow that has never-ending ammo, which explode on impact. When at the Chattering Scroll, Moto seems to be on guard for Mythic Dawn agents who he thinks may invade at any moment the location he is present.

Well then, now it's my turn.

My story begins as these stories often do, a Genius of a high elf named Corlan is born, raised by whom and how do not matter here, what he is does. A poet, bard and traveling minstrel, traveling around and inspiring with his sharp wit and strong words, not much like the usual traveling minstrel, our hero has Class, a blue blood with a well deserved wealth and an Ego even bigger than the number pimples on a teenagers face. Although not uncommon with the arts of Magic, the art favored by his ancestors, our hero prefers stealth, and remaining unnoticed whenever he's in trouble.

Edited by Corlan

Myr...this thread still going on? If so I would like to jump in and make a character for RP here I think?

(or is it a close RP)

Thanks.