Jump to content

Photo

The tall tales & tragedies of the Chattering Scroll Inn


  • Please log in to reply
893 replies to this topic

#11
Corlan

Corlan

    Enthusiast

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
"My Price" said the tall Altmer while looking at his nails with half open eyes, a big grin on his face "is no less than half of the share, loot, payment, or whatever you call it. I want half of it." And do know I can carry more than you think, a good pack mule is expensive, and I do not plan to carry burden on my back, 'twas designed for a higher cause; here is where my ancestral knowledge of the arcane comes to use, a magical transporter!

He raised his head and looked at the Hag "Well if it's free, I'll have one. Let's hope it doesn't kill me".

Edited by Corlan, 27 July 2011 - 09:20 PM.


#12
MotoSxorpio

MotoSxorpio

    quod creare nostra res

  • Premium Member
  • 6,391 posts
From the corner, Worm awakens. The old man seems to sleep a lot. He looks around, as if seeing something that isn't there..."The ruins are somewhere near {somewhere isolated and hard to get to}, I knew there was a vast hoard of treasure. But we had to retreat..." The old man falls back into his slumber. (introduction of worm82075 from chat)

#13
MotoSxorpio

MotoSxorpio

    quod creare nostra res

  • Premium Member
  • 6,391 posts

"My Price" said the tall Altmer while looking at his nails with half open eyes, a big grin on his face "is no less than half of the share, loot, payment, or whatever you call it. I want half of it." And do know I can carry more than you think, a good pack mule is expensive, and I do not plan to carry burden on my back, 'twas designed for a higher cause; here is where my ancestral knowledge of the arcane comes to use, a magical transporter!

He raised his head and looked at the Hag "Well if it's free, I'll have one. Let's hope it doesn't kill me".


Moto grumbles, "Half if you can get it from the Dunmer."

#14
MotoSxorpio

MotoSxorpio

    quod creare nostra res

  • Premium Member
  • 6,391 posts


The old mer looked at him for a long moment, and said, "Well. It could be I guess.. but I'll handle it." She paused and sipped her tea. "On another matter though, we're having a troll problem." She glanced at the big Nord in the back. He was walking around in a circle, talking to himself and occasionally dispatching his sword to slice circles in the air.

"Maybe you and a few others could take a little hunting party out? If you're bored, that is. I heard there were some seen on the other side of the woods across the road. Sometimes they just walk in like they're going to order a drought. Are you up for it? Or you could sit here and be cozy and safe with us womenfolk." She gave him a droll glare before she laughed heartily and took another drink of her root beer.


"Eh, I guess the newcomer wasn't up to a hunting party. You were saying something about 'us womenfolk'?"


Moto sits, "You know where an old goat can find a strong and understanding woman to settle with? I hear Bruma is nice..."

#15
myrmaad

myrmaad

    Sugar and Spice

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,084 posts
The older woman looked coolly at the Nord at the bar. Slowly she removed a tobacco pipe from her pocket, carefully filled it, and said, "I don't know any like that. You'll have to find your own." She used a flint to light it and took a long draw. Snout, the Orc behind the bar, came over protectively, turned and asked the younger Nord if he needed a drink. He adjusted his apron, and busied himself with the stock when the Nord nodded to refill his mug. After a few minutes Myrmaad handed the filled pipe to Snout, the Orc.

After writing a bit more in the small black journal, she snapped it closed and walked assuredly up the steps to the back of the tavern.

Once inside the room she shared with Snout, she packed some tools and essentials in a small kit and then headed out. Sometimes if you want something done right, you might as well get it done yourself.



It was dusk as she neared the grove where the trolls had been spotted earlier. Using the herbs in the pack she mixed them with the contents of a small bottle and drank, enchanting herself with a powerful chameleon potion. She would have to work fast. She sprinted deftly from tree to tree listening for the guttural sounds of the trolls. Truly disgusting creatures, she thought, as she came close to the first one. She could hear its phlegmatic wheezing, smell its putrid odor. She used a small crossbow to snipe it, knowing that as soon as it went down, it's companions would be on alert, would use their powerful sense of smell to track her down, in spite of the potion.

But luckily it went unnoticed by the others. She thought, it's funny they compare Orcs to pigs, considering that trolls are much more pig like with their rutting and snuffling. She heard another and whipped her bow up to aim.

It was a female with small ones.

A familiar battle arose in her psyche. She would prefer to leave them in peace, but they wouldn't do the same. The little ones would grow up to be dangerous nuisances, and the mother, well she'd have to just do it quickly and take all of them down. An older troll had wandered near the small group. Now Myrmaad was well-outnumbered and the potion was wearing off. She had to act now. She raised the bow to her eye and took her shot, just as she heard a twig snap close behind her. The pain was exquisite as blunt object connected with temple. Then the lights went out!

#16
MikeRyan

MikeRyan

    Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
Back at the chattering scroll, Mike had decided that if no one else wanted to go troll hunting, he would go and take a look around for the treasure the old man had spoken of.
Sword at his side, he slipped out the side door and walked over to his horse: "Well buddy, seems like we have to go hunt those trolls on our own." He then proceeded to mount up and ride away in the direction of a small forest near an old fort ruin.

Once there he started to look around for anything that could be of use or value and noticed a faint trail of blood on the ground, leading to the nearby ruin “it looks like somebody got surprised by something here, and then dragged of into the fort. Maybe there’s something of use in there?” He looked through his backpack and found a torch and ventured inside, following the trail on the ground.

The first thing that struck him was how cold it was inside, and he quickly came to the conclusion that there might be ghosts in here, or it’s just the wind. He then ventured further into the ruin with sword in hand.

Edited by MikeRyan, 29 July 2011 - 09:17 AM.


#17
MotoSxorpio

MotoSxorpio

    quod creare nostra res

  • Premium Member
  • 6,391 posts
The Nord drank his ale and watched the Inn empty slowly through the night. His days had been filled with battles great and small and he thought now of how much he missed the rush. His appetite for ale being overcome by an appetite for battle, he finishes his mug and grabs his helmet and shield from the rack. Donning the helmet as he leaves, "Don't wait up for me tonight" he says to the barkeep, and heads out the back door.

After an hour of strolling the wilderness, the great Nord remembers what the hag told him...and directs himself to the location they had marked on his map. Within just a few moments of arriving and hiding himself (quite successfully, he thought, considering the heavy armor) he spies a small group of trolls lead by a female. From his left flank, he hears a bowstring being pulled, but sees nothing. On high alert now, he stealthily takes out his throwing axe and readies himself for whatever adrenaline rush may being coming.

He notices as he watches, a shimmering from the direction of the bowstring he thought he'd heard...

"I'm going to need to get closer, hrmmph" he thinks to himself as he quietly relocates to a closer vantage point.

As he moves closer, he spies another figure moving toward the shimmering. The figure doesn't look Troll-like to him, and a suspicion turns to shock as he watches the shimmering fill into the form of the hag from the Inn. Then more shock as he realizes that the figure moving behind the hag is swinging a mace!

"To Oblivion with stealth" he thinks and aloud he cries: "Akatosh bless my axe!!" as he hurls his Nordic throwing axe at the perpetrator...

#18
SoulofChrysamere

SoulofChrysamere

    Old hand

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
Redemin stood perched on his tree branch above the beleaguered troll-hunting party. He'd followed them all the way from the inn. He'd overheard the discussion about trolls from outside and figured he could use a bit of target practice with his bow.

He brought his bow up and knocked a glass arrow. He watched as the Nord's axe flew just to the right of the mace-swinging figure and then as the Nord tackled the assailant into the mud. Redemin drew the arrow back to his ear and waited until he had a clear shot at the shadowy man's head. The Nord took him by the neck and held him up to deliver a punch, but Redemin's arrow got there first and punched through his head with a wet "THUNK!" The assassin then took aim at a couple of stray trolls off to the north and dropped them with ease.

#19
myrmaad

myrmaad

    Sugar and Spice

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,084 posts
The sage mage awoke in a dark, dank and musty corner. There was a dirty straw stuffed mattress on the floor but she wasn't on it. Her head hurt like a -- she winced with pain, and gingerly rubbed the back of her head. Damn, hit so hard it broke the skin, she thought as she lightly stroked the dried blood and beginning of scab. :( As she rubbed her head she took stock of her surroundings, the stone floor was disgusting. She heard rats and the subtle drip of water. She saw, nor heard any sign of human or beast.

She rubbed her arms in a huddle to try to get warm. There was a metal gate at the end of a long corridor and she thought she'd try lockpicking it, once she was sure she was alone, and able to run.

#20
XxPockieNinjaxX

XxPockieNinjaxX

    Journeyman

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I was sitting there infront of a small camp lit fire, the pale morning light covering my face...as my dark blue eye's glared in the moon light, my black hair swaying in the morning breeze. With my gear and sword ready I thought it was maybe time I move on, but I could not still tell if I was dreaming or awake.. "My name is Jessica!!" I yell'd to my self as to reassure me that this was no longer my dream but my reality ...The cold wind of the mountian's rushing down through the valley. My words almost smothered by the cold morning wind" as I tryed to run over my thought's of the nightmare I had". I had been out in my travel's for over a year now, no longer did I think anything could suprise me..but after a night's dream I learned I was wrong.

"I start to run my dream over in my head as I sit there at the lit camp fire"

My dreams of a faint light almost fully obscured by this growing shadow. The dream seemed so real as I reached for my sword the shadowy void as it eclipsed all it touched. My thoughts started to ramble as I tryed to put any sensable reason behind all that was happening when out of the mist ...the void of my fear was smothered out by what appeared like a band of light "these warriors ...the aura around them just seemed to start tearing the shadowy void from its grasp of me. And before I could say a word I had awoken in a panic to the breeze of the cold morning air. Who were they? "I asked my self, looking for a answear" was this to be a vision of what's to come?
Will I meet these strange warriors in my travels? "maybe"...or was it all just a foolish dream?..Had my sense's played a fool of me?....Only time could know this answear.

Edited by XxPockieNinjaxX, 08 August 2011 - 02:31 PM.





IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.060 seconds