Patches for NWN"+MOTB+SOZ

seany65

There is no active update server, so there is no point in trying to use the online auto-update or downgrading your existing version to use an earlier one. It needs to be done with the downloaded patches, with or without the TNT patcher. Or get the GOG version that has all of the patches already applied. Other than that, you should post your questions about the update process on that forum I linked, where more people can answer you, who would know more about it.

I see. Looks like I'll have try and use tnt200's patcher, then. As I said in my first post, I've tried copying the zipped patches to the usually suggested location (and to a couple of others) but it wouldn't work for me.

I was going to say "I don't think I'll bother with the GOG version, as that is a download version and I prefer my games and patches on disk." but I'm beginning to wonder if it could be saved to disk and then installed. I may just look in to that.

Thanks yet again for your help. :thumbsup:

Edited by seany65

I was going to say "I don't think I'll bother with the GOG version, as that is a download version and I prefer my games and patches on disk." but I'm beginning to wonder if it could be saved to disk and then installed. I may just look in to that.

Well of course it can. I always save my download-only games on disc for safekeeping, and it can be installed from the disc if you do so.

Thanks for that info, Tchos.

I won't be needing to go the GOG route after all though. I've managed to update my game! Yay!

I was thrown by a few things that tnt200 said in the readme for the patch installer. There was no need to mess about getting an old patch which would've been DL'd by the game's updater or anything. There was also a lot of stuff about the different version which I think could've been left out. For my own reference I wrote out the method I used from what I (finally) understood tnt200 was trying to say. I'm going to put it here for anyone else who may have trouble with patching the game:

"Install Instructions for NWN2+MotB+SoZ.

(As far as I'm aware, there is no official update server any more, so using the official 'updater' won't work. All I got was a 2kb file called 'englishvofix' and the Updater said this file was corrupt and couldn't carry on with any installation. The patch which it was trying to download and install actually has 325 MB in it, so you can see the Updater was having problems.)

1) Save all files (inc. 'NWN2 Patcher') to the Hard-drive, to a single folder somewhere. I suggest a folder in 'My Documents'. I also suggest naming this folder 'nwn2 Patches'.

1A) Unzip the "NWN2 patcher". I unzipped it to my 'nwn2 patches' folder.

2) Click on the 'NWN2 Patcher' to start it up. Keep it going throughout this process. It will at times minimise to the taskbar.

3) Unzip the patch called 'englishvofix...' into a separate, empty folder. I suggest the 'Downloads' folder in 'my Documents'. This places an 'englishvofx' .rtp file in the 'Downloads folder.

4) Click on 'Select Patch' on the NWN2 Patcher and navigate to the 'Downloads' folder with the unzipped 'englishvofix' .rtp file in, and click on 'Open'. This tells the installer which patch is going to be installed.

5) Click on 'Select Temp Dir', this is where the patch will be installed to, so navigate to 'C: Program Files/Atari/Neverwinter Nights 2', (that's the path to where I installed my game). Leave 'Neverwinter nights 2' highlighted and click 'OK', then click 'Patch' on the Patcher.

6) If the Patch process starts leave it to finish, then delete the .rtp File in the 'Downloads' folder to keep things simple.

7) Repeat steps 3~6 for the 'scriptfix' patch. This and the previous Patch are for the game version that you have with both expansions installed, this should be 1201541. If you are unsure which version you have, launch the official 'Updater' and it will tell you in the box the exact version number you have.

7+1) Repeat steps 3~6 for the other patches, being careful to do them in the correct order. This order can be worked out from the 'From - To' numbers below the 'thumbs' of each patch.

9) The 'Deekin' Patch can't be installed this way, as it's not an .rtp file. So unzip it to

'C: Program Files/Atari/Neverwinter Nights 2/Override'. This should do the job.

I've just done that, and the windows 'Opens with unknown application' icon is showing. So there could be trouble."

Hope that helps anyone who needs it. At least it's here for me if I lose the patch disk and I need to start again. Providing I can remember I put this here in the first place, eh?

PS. I used '7+1' instead of the number Eight, cos the 'cool'/'sunglasses' smiley was showing instead!

Edited by seany65