Need help with making a custom helmet work in game.

ludvig218

First of all, thanks for reading this.

Ok, lets get started trying to describe my issue. So quite a while ago I started creating helmets that I wanted to try to mod into Fallout 4 ( this was before the game was released, and I wanted to wait for geck to come out before I try to add it to the game. )

So now I got about 7 helmets and I thought with the release of the Geck that it was time to try and get them to work in the game. ( This is my first mod where I add custom meshes so I am a newbie. )

After struggling a lot with learning nif and learning the basic of 3ds max for nif exporting. ( I'm a Maya user and the helmets are made and skinned in Maya ) I finally got the hang of it sort of, I tried adding just a simple box helmet to the game without any custom textures and I actually did manage to get it into the game. However, I got one problem. The box is not attached to the head at all, it spawns about 30m from the player, and is static in the air when equipped. It does follow the character's head movement and rotation but it is its own object rather then being attached to the character and following him/her when he/she is moving.

If anyone knows what might be causing this and how to fix it I greatly appreciate your help.

Sorry about my spelling and grammer, this was a hard problem to describe.

Here is a download for the Nif file if it is needed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tbfg64p9epk1gr/Test_box_fin.nif?dl=0