Trouble moving around in the render window in the creation kit

CommodoreBlitz

I've made Mods for F3/FNV, and though its been a few years since I have done that, I don't remember it being this hard.(if it was perhaps my memory is going...:> )

What I need help with, is in the Creation Kits render window, is there a way to just move around easier then holding shift and moving your mouse?

As when I do I can't seem to move very well, its hard to even look at what your trying to do, when instead of moving (like you do when your in the game) I seem to have to move a little, change my orientation, and it does not move very smoothly, it jumps around, for example I was trying to just move my view just a little bit, so I could focus on a piece of floor, instead when I tried to move a little to the right, I ended up looking/moving at an entirely different hall way, with the object I was trying to move was on the other side of the wall....(which I after about 10 mins of moving around found out was only lined up with one side of the all ready placed original floor)

I know its been a while, but I don't remember the CK(GECK) in 3 and NV being this way....I mean I made a small town in F3 (and though I always had a problem with getting my walls and floors to line up correctly) I do not remember the CK being this hard to move around it...

It would be great if you could move around as if you were in the game(arrow keys and mouse)...

CK rotates the camera around the object you last selected, that's about as far as I know. "D" removes the highlight from the selected object but still rotates around it. I wish I knew a little but more about this because it is kind of hard to work on exterior cells that are empty when you want to simply look a different way and suddenly rotate around an object 20 cells away and you camera goes flying off into space.

OK I finally figured it out, "d" to deselect objects then "shift+f" to reset the camera's pivot and if an object is still selected it will instead focus in on that object.

Edited by Tankiki

I always pan the view using the middle mouse (scroll wheel) button. That works with Shift-rotate to help reorient the view. For me, anyhow.

Also, Shift-F with something selected will zoom you to within spittin' distance of that something. Big help.

Shift-f huh, I'll give that a try, Always wonder how they can make a game when the editors controls are so clunky..(if it was the same in f3/fnv I must just be out of practice)

Course perhaps thats why it takes them so long to make the game, so far its taken me about 45 mins to place one door correctly...kinda wish the CK used the Workshop controls (though with all the rest of the functions we have in the CK) I like the way the workshop works snapping walls correctly (for the most part) right into place...that has never worked for me in any version of the CK.

oh, is there a command to remove object from view such as Dust? as I try to select a wall and instead I select the dust "effect" or something that for the most part is invisible.

hm, just found this page, http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=New_Editor_Features

There it says that Alt-F will toggle your FOV to/from that of the game. hmm, wonder if that means I ALT-F and I can move around the Render window as if I was playing F4(well at lest the same look and feel, though controls would also be nice...WASD and mouse to aim/look)