Sound Description question, need condition formula

KnightRangersGuild

I need my sound file "AMB" to fire at totally random times and only if player is in proximity and fade out. I'm pretty sure I can figure the proximity and fading on my own but I'm having trouble finding the right "Condition" to make it sound random.

I've tried this formula...

(GetCurrentTime)------(NONE)-----(<=)-----(1.00)------(or)(GetCurrentTime)------(NONE)-----(>=)-----(1.60)------(or)(GetCurrentTime)------(NONE)-----(<=)-----(2.00)------(or)

And soforth all the way to 24 hours. I was thinking this would make the sound fire every half hour but i never could get it to work and it's not what i want anyway.

Anybody know about sound conditions that could help me?

Edited by KnightRangersGuild

This includes proximity and randomness, not tested though.

scriptname RandomSoundControl extends ObjectReference
{Script on a volume trigger, within the trigger the sound will play randomly based on the properties}

Sound Property MySound Auto
Actor Property PlayerRef Auto
Int InTrigger = 0

Event OnUpdate()
If InTrigger ;player within trigger
int instanceID = MySound.Play(self) ; if you want to adjust volume, stop it, whatever, use instanceID
RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(Utility.RandomFloat(0.5, 1.0)) ;from half to one hour
Endif
EndEvent

Event OnTriggerEnter(ObjectReference akTriggerRef)
if (InTrigger == 0) && (akTriggerRef == PlayerREF)
InTrigger = 1
RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(Utility.RandomFloat(0.0, 0.2)) ; so the first time you enter it doenst take as much
endif
EndEvent

Event OnTriggerLeave(ObjectReference akTriggerRef)
if (InTrigger == 1)  && (akTriggerRef == PlayerREF)
InTrigger = 0
endif
EndEvent

It just calls play, expecting the sound to end by itself, if it's looping then you may need to call the following between Play and RegisterForEtc:

Utility.Wait(Seconds you want it to play for, maybe also random)
instanceID.StopInstance()
Edited by FrankFamily