Reverse Request: Undead/Necromancy Only

Fantafaust

(Ooh, Necromancy. My Lady will be most displeased. >.<)

Summoned creatures/characters also can't use dialogue except Detection and Combat. You can opt for a 'placeatme' script that references your target (plus a given duration so that they won't stay 'alive' forever). I've no idea about scripting though so I can't help with that. :\ Or you can opt for a 'setdoingfavor' on-activate script on the reanimated target. I suppose you've used the same method with your 'trade with undead follower' work.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Ooh, Necromancy. My Lady will be most displeased. >.<)

Meridia worshipping scum!

lol

Summoned creatures/characters also can't use dialogue except Detection and Combat. You can opt for a 'placeatme' script that references your target (plus a given duration so that they won't stay 'alive' forever). I've no idea about scripting though so I can't help with that. :\ Or you can opt for a 'setdoingfavor' on-activate script on the reanimated target. I suppose you've used the same method with your 'trade with undead follower' work.

Actually I made a hidden perk with an IsSneaking condition on Perk owner(also IsCommandedActor IsHostileToActor and IsUndead checks on Target) with an entry point of Activate that performs a Papyrus fragment:

(aktargetref as actor).OpenInventory(true)

This opens the undead actors' inventory while you're sneaking. You could also remove that IsSneaking condition and you'll open their inventory simply by clicking on them.

Then just make a Quest that runs when you start the game, runs once. Attach a script to the quest that gives the perk if the player doesn't already have it, and boom, there ya go.

Edited by Fantafaust

Update: I have determined that it is functionally impossible to give reanimated undead actors dialogue. It's hard-coded in the engine that they have such activation disabled, and I'm unable to simulate reanimation to the extent that I would like. I get as far as resurrecting them with all the same equipment, and then they lose my magic effect and I can do no more. So really, it's just bringing the actors fully back to life...

There's already a mod for that, so I'm going to stop pursuing this functionality.

Try adding a touch spell lesser power that does what you want. Eg. the touch spell when cast on a reanimated actor(use a new keyword if you need to) opens up a dialogue box or a conversation. From there you should be able to implement whatever you want, the only downside is the player has to use the lesser power instead of activate.

Try adding a touch spell lesser power that does what you want. Eg. the touch spell when cast on a reanimated actor(use a new keyword if you need to) opens up a dialogue box or a conversation. From there you should be able to implement whatever you want, the only downside is the player has to use the lesser power instead of activate.

I've seen that done in other mods, I meant dialogue in the standard follower sense. I don't want to add anything that will directly conflict/compete with the abilities of any other mod for Necromancy.

I'd rather update those mods than try to replace them.

I've moved on to Carrion Flock(a cloak spell seems appropriate) and Bind Spirit(still working out best way to do it), as first requested by Talonflight.

Here's an idea.

Essence Drain: A spell that drains an enemy's life force and fills a soul gem should they die from the effect. Does damage per second and is cast like the novice destruction spells that do constant damage, however the essence drain spell does more damage.

Edited by Dimensionlord1

I already have a spell called Essence Drain. It's from Oblivion, you get it from wearing the troll helm. I've remade it.

I could add a soul trap effect either on the master level version, or if you're wearing enough of Mannimarco's apparel though.(I'm making a full set)

Is that reasonable?

I came up with another idea that you might like.

Phantasm: Summons restless spirits that surround the caster striking fear into any that approach. Basically a cloak type spell that causes the living to run away in fear when they get close enough.

@Faffman

I have a working Collect Body effect, which is added on opening the game. While sneaking/crouching, you'll get an option to Collect Body in addition to the usual search option.
Collecting it adds a Misc item that represents the body with a skull inventory model(I'm looking for something better, but have yet to find anything of the sort, will continue), dropping the "body" will place the dead actor directly at your feet, and they can be repeatedly collected and dropped in quick succession, even during combat.
This body has weight! it is not magically stored, you literally have picked it up.

To minimize the scripts running, and assure stability, I've made it so you can only collect 2 bodies. That way huge numbers of checks aren't having to occur, and I'm saved a lot of frustration with the scripting itself. So if you try to pick up a third(as if you could actually carry that much weight plus your gear?) you'll instead get a notification that you already have two bodies and can carry no more.
In my eyes, this simulates you throwing a body over each shoulder, though we know Skyrim doesn't work that way what with you carrying huge amounts of weaponry but no bags to put them in.
So no animations there(in case you were hoping lol).

I would also recommend getting the Lost Grimoire of Skyrim mod, which has a spell that lets you store a dead body for summoning later on. This will get you a third body, and gives you no extra weight as with my effect.

I'll probably keep this a separate esp file, that way people can choose whether they want this, or in case it conflicts with other mods like Sneak Tools(it probably would).

EDIT:

Also, the name issue you mentioned in your other post seems to be fine in mine? But Idk where I can test it. Where's this Ironhand bandit guy you mentioned?

Edited by Fantafaust