Reverse Request: Undead/Necromancy Only

Fantafaust

Craft Unliving. A way to create undead of each form (Skeleton, Draugr, Zombie, BOneman, Vampires, and so on) as followers, through a ritual and a number of ingrediants and regenats ranging from flesh to soul gems, and so on. Maybe include some compatibility patch for Immersive creatures so you can make Draman and other stuff? Anyways, these smaller simple undead can become followers after you have made them and may have only one of each at a time.

A seperate perhaps more advanced form of this, craft monstrosity. You can create Flesh Golems (more or less undead giants)and undead dragons, then 'store' them. THen you have a spell to summon them as you need them?

Lastly and probably the easiest of these, The Blackguard's Sword and Armor set. Each peice of armor is ebony and assists in some form or other with nercomancy, and you have a one handed sword that is similar to Meridia's Dawnbreaker sword, the difference being this sword instead damages the living more and upon death inflict a poison or disease upon other nearby living.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craft Unliving. A way to create undead of each form (Skeleton, Draugr, Zombie, BOneman, Vampires, and so on) as followers, through a ritual and a number of ingrediants and regenats ranging from flesh to soul gems, and so on. Maybe include some compatibility patch for Immersive creatures so you can make Draman and other stuff? Anyways, these smaller simple undead can become followers after you have made them and may have only one of each at a time.

A seperate perhaps more advanced form of this, craft monstrosity. You can create Flesh Golems (more or less undead giants)and undead dragons, then 'store' them. THen you have a spell to summon them as you need them?

Lastly and probably the easiest of these, The Blackguard's Sword and Armor set. Each peice of armor is ebony and assists in some form or other with nercomancy, and you have a one handed sword that is similar to Meridia's Dawnbreaker sword, the difference being this sword instead damages the living more and upon death inflict a poison or disease upon other nearby living.

I'm not a fan of rituals. Though people keep asking for them, so I guess I should reconsider.

Necromancer armor could be cool, if you're not playing a very squishy mage. The enchantments would be pretty easy, but figuring out where to put it might not be so much. The sword might be a tad bit more challenging, but I think it could be done.

Perhaps I'll try and make it so that you can corrupt Dawnbreaker in some way, to give it this functionality. I'd have to find somewhere to put something to corrupt it in though. Maybe I should make a hidden Necromancer cave with a hostile necromancer wearing the armor. He'll be a tough fight, with lots of bodies to raise and potions and spells.

I could put a pool of magically tainted, Necromancy infused blood, that you can dip the sword in to corrupt it.

And then some way to purify it when it's corrupted, probably in Meridia's temple.

EDIT:

Ooh, and the cave should have body cleanup disabled, so you can safely store corpses there.

Edited by Fantafaust

@Faffman

I have a working Collect Body effect, which is added on opening the game. While sneaking/crouching, you'll get an option to Collect Body in addition to the usual search option.

Collecting it adds a Misc item that represents the body with a skull inventory model(I'm looking for something better, but have yet to find anything of the sort, will continue), dropping the "body" will place the dead actor directly at your feet, and they can be repeatedly collected and dropped in quick succession, even during combat.

This body has weight! it is not magically stored, you literally have picked it up.

To minimize the scripts running, and assure stability, I've made it so you can only collect 2 bodies. That way huge numbers of checks aren't having to occur, and I'm saved a lot of frustration with the scripting itself. So if you try to pick up a third(as if you could actually carry that much weight plus your gear?) you'll instead get a notification that you already have two bodies and can carry no more.

In my eyes, this simulates you throwing a body over each shoulder, though we know Skyrim doesn't work that way what with you carrying huge amounts of weaponry but no bags to put them in.

So no animations there(in case you were hoping lol).

I would also recommend getting the Lost Grimoire of Skyrim mod, which has a spell that lets you store a dead body for summoning later on. This will get you a third body, and gives you no extra weight as with my effect.

I'll probably keep this a separate esp file, that way people can choose whether they want this, or in case it conflicts with other mods like Sneak Tools(it probably would).

EDIT:

Also, the name issue you mentioned in your other post seems to be fine in mine? But Idk where I can test it. Where's this Ironhand bandit guy you mentioned?

As long as it's stable, I don't mind if it's only two corpses. I do hope though that I can store as many as I want in a container in a player home, for example, so the corpses make a sort of "armory" for my necromancer. From there, I can just bring them away on adventures.

I do use Lost Grimoire, love it, but the spell you mention doesn't always execute correctly, most likely due to script overloads. That Chinese mod you've been looking at works more often that the Store Corpse spell in LG.

Hajvarr Ironhand is the leader of the bandits at White River Watch, close to Whiterun.

As long as it's stable, I don't mind if it's only two corpses. I do hope though that I can store as many as I want in a container in a player home, for example, so the corpses make a sort of "armory" for my necromancer. From there, I can just bring them away on adventures.

I do use Lost Grimoire, love it, but the spell you mention doesn't always execute correctly, most likely due to script overloads. That Chinese mod you've been looking at works more often that the Store Corpse spell in LG.

Nope, only 2, sorry. It was the only way to make sure their script doesn't get lost in the dozens of other ones firing at any point in time, and even now it's possible if you have massively script-heavy mods.

What you can do is bring them somewhere safe for corpses to stay, a non-respawning cell or some such thing(player house, for instance), and drop them there. If they are a unique npc, they shouldn't disappear.

I am also aware of an unintended use of quest items as well as a few others, where if you can put a permanent item on a corpse, it will not despawn even if the NPC is non-unique.

Here's An Article with good details on thralls.

I plan on making a system by which such items are generated expressly for this purpose, to keep bodies from despawning.

faffman, on 30 May 2016 - 1:29 PM, said:

Hajvarr Ironhand is the leader of the bandits at White River Watch, close to Whiterun.

I have found him and experienced the same issue as you. I'll try to fix it.

EDIT:

I have fixed the name issue, BUT, the Collect Bodies mod definitely requires SKSE now. I assume everyone uses it anyways so I don't know how big a deal that requirement is.

Edited by Fantafaust

I just completed making Black Pact, but I've still not found a good way to give the player the perk. Any ideas?

Black Pact - Completed, perk that will give the player health and magicka when their commanded undead returns to its rest. Requested by Talonflight

Edited by Fantafaust

Perhaps I'll try and make it so that you can corrupt Dawnbreaker in some way, to give it this functionality. I'd have to find somewhere to put something to corrupt it in though. Maybe I should make a hidden Necromancer cave with a hostile necromancer wearing the armor. He'll be a tough fight, with lots of bodies to raise and potions and spells.

I could put a pool of magically tainted, Necromancy infused blood, that you can dip the sword in to corrupt it.

And then some way to purify it when it's corrupted, probably in Meridia's temple.

*ehem* I object! (But that's actually a great idea. :3)

I just completed making Black Pact, but I've still not found a good way to give the player the perk. Any ideas?

If there's some sort of dialogue or anything at the end of the pact that you can attach a script or a fragment to, that should work. I have no real scripting knowledge but 'game.getplayer().addperk(yourperkhere)' as a fragment may suffice, then add the said perk as a property.

*ehem* I object! (But that's actually a great idea. :3)

Well let's hope Seth isn't "in the way" when our Necromancer comes to purify the sword!

(lol)

As for Black Pact, thing is, I really only made the perk lol. I'm thinking about making a quest to track how many times the player has used a reanimation spell, and once they reach a certain number, have a mysterious voice contact them and make the Pact.

At that point, yeah, put it on the dialogue.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Fantafaust

Well let's hope Seth isn't "in the way" when our Necromancer comes to purify the sword!

(lol)

(Ooh, someone checked out my work! :D) And for what reason will you filthy necromancers purify the Dawnbreaker again after you've corrupted it for your malicious intentions?

As for Black Pact, thing is, I really only made the perk lol. I'm thinking about making a quest to track how many times the player has used a reanimation spell, and once they reach a certain number, have a mysterious voice contact them and make the Pact.

At that point, yeah, put it on the dialogue.

:thumbsup:

Yeah. I think you can try making a Say Package for the dialogue and then add the condition(s) there. No idea if that will work well enough based on what you seek to accomplish. Choose whichever method works for you. :)

(lol)

(Ooh, someone checked out my work! :D) And for what reason will you filthy necromancers purify the Dawnbreaker again after you've corrupted it for your malicious intentions?

Perhaps they've had a change of heart and no longer wish to pursue necromancy, or enjoy collecting daedric items. (I don't want to remove options from the player)