Engine allows on the Fly Loading (Tutorial) :)

Gratus

Im not sure if it's known but yes it's possible and a big big timesaver for testing results fast ingame :smile:

You can even load whole Mods on the Fly with the hlp function in the console

hlp "plugin name"

So how to change resources on the Fly without leaving the Engine

i tested it for now only on the Body part im not sure if it will work with any resources and how it could be triggered for them but i don't know why it shouldn't work for anything seeing it's most likely part of the Streaming Architecture to be able todo this Dynamically.

So for the Body texture parts Diffuse,Normals, Specular it works, but for that wee need to load the resources from the Medium not the Memory and here is how you can trigger this :smile:

So for example you want to change the hand Diffuse texture on the fly without reloading the Game.

For the Hand you need a Glove you equip that glove after unequiping that glove it will trigger a IO reload of the resource of the Hand part but only if you leave the console (game pause) and wait some seconds else it will load the resources from Memory again and again and you won't see a change until you leave it and trigger it again the same happens for other parts of the body as well so if you equipping a entire body for example and then unequip it and before you doing that changing the resources of the underlaying structure it will reload them to those you have changed them or if you delete the diffuse before the reload it will load the Pure Material Result (purple) untextured :smile:

This can save a lot of time :smile:

Hope it can be useful to those that didn't knew the Engine is actually doing it this Way :smile:

Scr Gratus

PS: it could be even that the hlp function could trigger this for anything because i saw how the Lod Fade did rebuild after using it.

Edited by Gratus

That trick above with the Hand Diffuse it seems i had just luck that it was working i guess it only works if the Engine is under high VRAM pressure, currently it seems not to work anymore cant reproduce the behavior i experienced above, so it might be a very Random thing and so not really usable at all so it can work but it doesn't have to, sorry was to fast excited not needing to reload the whole Game all the time after editing resources :sad:

Or maybe a given number of resources must first be loaded unloaded before it works, or it's some kind of GC taking place and it's bound to a timeframe the resources get unloaded after not being triggered from memory and if you then unequip they get reloaded from the Physical Data Location.

And Nope not tested it via the CK but just Hot Loading works also with the hlp function ingame directly.

For Hot loading the Plugin open the Console and then type

hlp "name of the esp/esm without it's extension"

but not sure if it can be done maybe a 2nd time and if it then maybe reloads all resources i guess it works that way but i didn't test it, also every time you do this it will write the loaded esp/esm in your savegame so if you do it 2 times and then save the gamestate after it it will write it 2 times in the savegames requirement list :wink:

This might also indicate that it wasn't really meant for a Hot loading purpose and who knows what else it writes double inside your savegame it could easily also brake stuff i guess or at least extremely bloat your savegames if you change data often and reload them on the fly while the Game is running.

Maybe the CK Hot loading button is actually meant to tell the running Game which Data structures have been changed as well and by clicking it you can safely reload them on the Fly inside the running Game including all it's linked resources :smile: ?

But such a major improvement Bethesda i guess would mention in their Wiki i didn't read nothing about it there tough. so i guess it pretty much stays fantasy.

I guess what i dreaming of is

hrf = Hot Refresh Plugin

not the current hlp

hlp = Hot Load Plugin

Edited by Gratus