mods in nexus mod manager not showing up in game

aries1aa

I was playing Skyrim amd rocking it one night and woke up to find microsoft installed win10 without my permission. To get my computer to stop freezing up I had to do a refresh at the boot menu. doing so deleted everything associated with this game. I downloaded everything again but now my nexus mods wont show up in the data folder when loading the game. Crashing the game, the only way to play is to start a new game without using nexus mods. not wanting to I came here to bug the smart people. HELP!!!!

yeah windows 10 really sucks but i do think there is a way to remove win10 if you are unhappy with it which well 80% of people are.

heres an example of the problem your having not a fix for the problem though just a heads up to everyone with windows 7 or 8.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2983633/microsoft-windows/microsoft-pushes-windows-10-upgrade-to-pcs-without-user-consent.html

I don't mind win10 just want my nexus mods to show up in Skyrim. the mod manager is compatible with win10 so I must have done something wrong and need to figure out what my noob arse didn't do this time as opposed to the first time. Steam is in program files (x86) and the nexus mod manager is in program files like I did last time. Don't know?

Skse is not needed for mods to show in NMM. Enabling id guess would mean launching the game from skse_loader.exe and not the standard executable, no other setup step needed.

I personally have had zero issues with windows 10 and i do a lot of varied stuff on the pc... but you can always go back to 7 or 8.

To be honest your post sound pretty confused. I believe there is a tutorial on youtube explaining usage of the nexus mod manager (NMM) and the basics of modding skyrim, by Gopher maybe?. It might be worth checking.

As for your skyrim, id suggest starting fresh, fully uninstall skyrim, NMM, etc. Then install it and start adding mods.

Edited by FrankFamily

win10 isn't the problem, (just pissed me off Microsoft installed it without me okaying the install) it was just the beginning since I had to erase everything that didn't come with computer (since I built it pretty much everything) other wise win10 just froze my computer, and had to re install everything back onto this computer. skyrim works great, the mods I got off of the workshop work great, I can not get the mods in nexus mod manager to show up in skyrim. trying to play a saved game without the nexus mods it was created with crashes the game.

I can not get the Nexus Mod Manager to work this time.

Yes I am very confused as to why it's not working this time around.... did I say I was a noob?

And thats why i recommended a tutorial on installation and usage of NMM, just to make sure you are doing everything right. Such as these playlists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVfr9pWO6xE&list=PLE7DlYarj-DdGbu7-Chui4ZQuZZCGbpWl and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxQ1JN_X-_Y&list=PLE7DlYarj-DdhDG41roBVJfNCqvO5MmKP.

I deleted everything, Steam, Skyrim, Nexus Mod Manager, SKSE and downloaded fresh. I watched the install videos and I did it right (pretty much if you click yes to everything it should work). Gopher should be a professor , very good. The SKSE I downloaded manually used WinRAR to extract the file into the Skyrim folder. Still no luck on getting the mods into Skyrim. Before Gopher's video I had deleted the Nexus mod manager several times trying different things out of frustration. Each time, including when windows 10 erased it all the mods I had showed back up in the Nexus Mod Manager (that was a relief). Still not transferring the Nexus mods into the game though. I just don't understand why it wouldn't work. Been at it for a good 15 hours all together (I feel stupid) in the last 2 days trying to make it work. I did it the first time with no problems, just can't get it to work now. ....