Heavy Traffic ×

Undead Dialogue: Impossible?

Theres an SKSE script command that sets/clears the flag that allows PC dialogue it definitely works on regular NPC's I havn't tried it on Draugr though

Actor.GetRace().SetRaceFlag(0x00200000)

Actor.GetRace().ClearRaceFlag(0x00200000)

see SKSE extended script Race.psc

I just tested it on a draugr (skeleton) and the "Talk Skeleton" option appeared though theres no dialogue available presumably because there is no draugr dialogue quest available, so I guess you'd need create one.

n.b. SKSE script functions are not persistent so you'd need to apply it everytime you restarted the game via OnPlayerLoadGame() or somesuch

edit: ok I missed the part about reanimated actors. Scrub that, then.

Edited by soupdragon1234

It's probably set internally. So that means you'll have to do somethi g like add an onactivate script or use a perk to block activation and place an invisible actor or talking activator who will show the dialogue menu then relay commands to the summoned undead.

It's probably set internally. So that means you'll have to do somethi g like add an onactivate script or use a perk to block activation and place an invisible actor or talking activator who will show the dialogue menu then relay commands to the summoned undead.

Is there a mod that does this, that you know of? I'll need to see how it's done before I can do it myself.

Not that I know of. Another option is to just open a message with the various commands. Saves having to mess with dialogue and invisible activators at the expense of feeling less integrated with the follower system.

I'm unaware of dialogue having such a flag, but if you mean the spell, then yes.

I'm currently writing a script to perform the usual functions of Reanimate, just without the IsCommandedActor because I'm reasonably certain that is the issue.

I have it forcing their ref to the alias in my quest, which sets their faction to a custom one, gives them ActorTypeUndead, and the spell for the reanimate visual effect.

Edited by Fantafaust

Ah, my mistake. I was looking in the scenes tab instead of the player dialogue tab.

Anyways I really do like the idea of being able to talk to your undead minions. Very necromanceresque.

Edited by blennus

I'm unaware of dialogue having such a flag, but if you mean the spell, then yes.

I'm currently writing a script to perform the usual functions of Reanimate, just without the IsCommandedActor because I'm reasonably certain that is the issue.

I have it forcing their ref to the alias in my quest, which sets their faction to a custom one, gives them ActorTypeUndead, and the spell for the reanimate visual effect.

You might have compatibility issues with spell and perk mods since isCommandedActor is used as a condition. I don't know if that's a concern.

You might have compatibility issues with spell and perk mods since isCommandedActor is used as a condition. I don't know if that's a concern.

I probably explained that poorly. What I meant was, I'm replicating all the effects of Reanimate, except for setting IsCommandedActor, because so far as I can tell anything with that keyword can't be spoken to.

I'll probably put it on after I get the whole spell working, so I can see if that removes the ability to speak to the actor. If it doesn't, sweet. If it does, that sucks but this is only one spell and I'll explain it away with flavor text or something.

Though at this time I have no proof IsCommandedActor has anything to do with it, I'm just trying to save myself frustration on the off chance it does.

EDIT: by chance do you know if reanimation's rise animation is an idle/how I can send it to my actor? I assume it's an idle and so have an idle property set up, I'm just looking through the list now.

EDIT 2: I don't think it's an idle. I'm going to use SendAnimationEvent. will this:

Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akTarget, "Reanimate")

work?

EDIT 3: Figured the animation out.

Edited by Fantafaust