Undead Dialogue: Impossible?

What I mean is that this condition:

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=IsCommandedActor

will likely return false, and it is used as a condition for spell effects and perks in order to modify the behavior of spells in relation to summons. I suspect you will have compatibility issues with Apocalypse Spells for example. I don't know exactly what you are working on so maybe you don't care, but I thought I would mention it.

The reanimation effect seems to toggle a whole slew of switches behind the scenes, turning the NPC into an undead (if not already), as well as rewriting their AI, factions, and turning them into a "summoned" creature as far as engine mechanics are concerned. Disabling speech was probably a headache saver somewhere along the way while this effect was being developed.

Edited by lofgren

What I mean is that this condition:

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=IsCommandedActor

will likely return false, and it is used as a condition for spell effects and perks in order to modify the behavior of spells in relation to summons. I suspect you will have compatibility issues with Apocalypse Spells for example. I don't know exactly what you are working on so maybe you don't care, but I thought I would mention it.

The reanimation effect seems to toggle a whole slew of switches behind the scenes, turning the NPC into an undead (if not already), as well as rewriting their AI, factions, and turning them into a "summoned" creature as far as engine mechanics are concerned. Disabling speech was probably a headache saver somewhere along the way while this effect was being developed.

I see what you're saying now. Yeah, I have no way to actually set them to be a commanded actor.

I wish there had been some way to give them vanilla dialogue options. Honestly, this is so annoying.

In other news, I have a spell running the regular animation and such, taking the items away, resurrecting the actor, and giving the items back. But I seem to lose control in the script after that? I can't force the dialogue to show up after the Resurrect.

Maybe I should just accept the message box option...

EDIT: I have abandoned this functionality. Even if I get the major effects I want, in the end it doesn't accomplish what I set out to do.

Thanks for all your help guys. Sorry it didn't go anywhere.

Edited by Fantafaust

I know this is a bit of a pain, but maybe you could create a spell that hides "reanimated follower" (maybe temporarily move them to a holding cell and cover up their disappearance with a flashy sfx like a conjuration spell.) and create a "conversation version" of the same actor that's not undead with the same actorbase. Make a Forcegreet AI package for that conversable faux-zombie. Once the conversation is over, you could switch the original undead follower back in with the new clone you made and move the conversation version to the holding cell you've made.