Where is the Steam "Library"

Hanker109

Hi!

I'm trying to backup my New Vegas game, this is to avoid long downloading hours if game needs to be reinstalled. I was told to go to Steam Library but I search the the whole Steam files and can't find the Library anywhere. I installed the program in My Vegas folder instead of the default install to avoid possible confilct with Windows 7 operating system. Can someone guide me with this? I will appreciate the help and thanks in advance.

Hanker109

the Library is just a list/menu of what you have installed on the main steam window, NV installs to steam/steamapps/commen/fallout new vegas or right click on the NV icon in the library section of your steam and back up game files if you just want to back up the game and not your mods to.

Start up steam and open the main window. At the top, you'll find your Library.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/lemonfan1/steambartop.jpg

After having clicked on your library, you'll see the list of your games. Right-Click "Fallout New Vegas", and then click on "Backup Game Files..."

A window will pop up. Make sure "Fallout New Vegas" is selected and click the "Next >" button.

I usually make my own folder for this, but using the default is fine. You can browse to whatever folder you want to store your backup in. ***This is only backing up your GAME. Not your SAVES.***

If you intend to store your backup on an external hard drive, make sure to write down the "Disk Space Required" before proceeding. It'll make it easier to have one big file instead of two or three.

Click "Next >"

Give your backup file a name or leave it as default. It doesn't matter.

Now you need to select a file size. If you're burning the files to a CD, then you can leave this as is, since CD size is the default. If you plan on burning your files onto a DVD, you need to select that from the drop down menu. If you're putting this on an external hard drive or just storing it on your PC somewhere, it's best to select "Custom...". If you select custom, you'll need to type in the file size you wrote down earlier.

Click "Next >"

Steam will now create your backup.

If you want to save your saved game files, browse to "My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV". All your saved games are located here.

When installing a game from a backup, you need to click "Steam" at the top left of your Steam window and click on "Backup and Restore Games..." In the new window, you click on "Restore a previous backup" and click "Next >". From there, you browse to your backup file and the installation will begin.

I hope this helps you out.

• 11 months later...

Start up steam and open the main window. At the top, you'll find your Library.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/lemonfan1/steambartop.jpg

After having clicked on your library, you'll see the list of your games. Right-Click "Fallout New Vegas", and then click on "Backup Game Files..."

A window will pop up. Make sure "Fallout New Vegas" is selected and click the "Next >" button.

I usually make my own folder for this, but using the default is fine. You can browse to whatever folder you want to store your backup in. ***This is only backing up your GAME. Not your SAVES.***

If you intend to store your backup on an external hard drive, make sure to write down the "Disk Space Required" before proceeding. It'll make it easier to have one big file instead of two or three.

Click "Next >"

Give your backup file a name or leave it as default. It doesn't matter.

Now you need to select a file size. If you're burning the files to a CD, then you can leave this as is, since CD size is the default. If you plan on burning your files onto a DVD, you need to select that from the drop down menu. If you're putting this on an external hard drive or just storing it on your PC somewhere, it's best to select "Custom...". If you select custom, you'll need to type in the file size you wrote down earlier.

Click "Next >"

Steam will now create your backup.

If you want to save your saved game files, browse to "My Documents\My Games\FalloutNV". All your saved games are located here.

When installing a game from a backup, you need to click "Steam" at the top left of your Steam window and click on "Backup and Restore Games..." In the new window, you click on "Restore a previous backup" and click "Next >". From there, you browse to your backup file and the installation will begin.

I hope this helps you out.

I have ni Library Tab in mt Steam, It is definitely missing. It goes Store, News, Community, I need to know where it went so i can download creation kit, please help me

• 3 years later...

If you are logged in on steam and still don't see the Library tab, Have you downloaded any games from Steam yet? To test, try downloading one of the free games to see if it shows up.